BeautyTech Forums

Full Version: Dust Remover?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi All,

I know this topic has been discussed many times before but I would like to hear everyone's thoughts on an air cleaner and do not want to go searching the archives.

I have been reading and looking for a while. Was planning to get the sunflower, am glad I did not now. Someone in the salon I work in has one and it hasn't been a good experience. I have been looking at the Valentino one, it looks impressive but I am afraid to spend that much money to be unhappy in 6 months. So please let me know your experiences and what is working for ya all.

Thanks!
Carla
Hi Carla !!!

Kinga & I LOVE our Erica Nail Vac... we've put them into adjacent rooms with extra hose & a remote control on/off... (Kinga's great idea)... cuts down the noise immensely... nothing like getting the dust sucked right off the nail as you are filing !!

Hope you are having a wonderful summer... our daughter just came back from 2 weeks in Pismo Beach... I was thinking of you while she was there... hope all is well & hopefully we'll see you up here soon enuf !!

Smile Maggie
http://www.nailessentialz.com
Do you find with the Erica's vac, it's awkward with it on your handpiece? That's my only setback with it. Otherwise, I'm hoping to find filters for my WTAC so I can use it!

Has anyone tried the ManiVac from Medicool? It looks really similar to the WTAC.
I don't find it an issue at all... took me a couple of sets to get used to it, now I don't notice it at all...

Smile Maggie
Carmen~ you can buy your WTAC filters from (931) 788-6411
Hope that helps.
I've had the valentino this last week and I have to say my clients and I are both impressed with it. I work right over it with my efile during prep and just put it on the bottom drawer next to me for the rest of the service. The dust barely even touches the towel next to it (I used a dark towel to see). We can still talk over it, the control is a nob so it can be very low or go up very high - I set it in the middle and its just fine, its all gel dust, I have no odors for it to suck up, but the carbon filter helps with that if I were to use Acrylic.

Anyway so far so good. I know Dayna got one in Orlando and said she doesn't have bloody noses from dust anymore.
Thanks Everybody!

I hope to get to Canada soon Maggie, message me. Maybe we can set up a class up there Smile

Thanks Jess, I spoke to David yesterday and I went with the Valentino. I am so excited to try it. I am the first to get the chrome one and our friend Joseph is so jealous!!! lol

Best,
Carla
Thanks Everybody!

I hope to get to Canada soon Maggie, message me. Maybe we can set up a class up there Smile

Thanks Jess, I spoke to David yesterday and I went with the Valentino. I am so excited to try it. I am the first to get the chrome one and our friend Joseph is so jealous!!! lol

Best,
Carla
I have a home-based studio, and I only do gel because of that. I currently use a Partigon to collect the gel dust. If the Valentino can reduce the acrylic odour significantly, I would definitely think about getting one and offering acrylic again. This is the only reason I don't do acrylic, because of the smell, and yes I know there are ways to reduce it by working smart, which I've tried. My significant other has a very acute sense of smell and he can't really tolerate the smell of acrylic. So, if anybody is in my situation and has used a Valentino and notices a difference, I would love to hear your review! I really miss doing acrylic at times Sad .
Hey Carla!

I've used a partigon for a couple years now...it took me a couple of sets of nails to get used to the attachment, but it works very well, and is an inexpensive alternative....not too noisy...you can carry on a conversation with your client no problem and you need only shake out the filter periodly!

I'm very pleased with it and have no issues at all!!!

Are you planning to come to Canada for something special??

Bethanne
Hey Carla.... I emailed you...

Smile Maggie