BeautyTech Forums

Full Version: backscratchers/gel polish ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Please backscratcher extreme users. can gel polish be used and if so what prep is used and how is the gel polished removed preserving the backscratcher finish ? Thanks for the help ! HAVE A GREAT WEEK !
Well you have a very valid question here.. because BS Extreme is a resin based system and the gel polish soaks off in acetone which will break down the resin, you have cause for concern here.. To get the right answer for you, I just emailed my 2 contacts over at BS to come and respond..

From Backscratchers Roe Van Epps:

Any gel polish can be used over any Backscratchers product. The application is as follows:

Gel Polish Application

1. Complete the entire Backscratchers product application as directed. Final result with a shinny cured surface.
2. Using a 240 grit file, slightly buff the finished nail surface – being careful to not reduce the product, just remove all shine.
3. Dust off nail surface.
4. Apply gel polish as instructed by manufacturer – be sure to apply their base/adhesion layer, color and top coat.

Removing the gel polish is usually done with pure acetone. Unfortunately, this also dissolves the Backscratchers products as well.

Therefore, I usually removed the gel polish with a 100 & 180 grit file, which will remove the color but keep the integrity of the product underneath. Just be sure to reseal the Backscratchers product surface when you are done – even if you are reapplying gel color.

(02-16-2014, 10:22 PM)hanksmar Wrote: [ -> ]Please backscratcher extreme users. can gel polish be used and if so what prep is used and how is the gel polished removed preserving the backscratcher finish ? Thanks for the help ! HAVE A GREAT WEEK !

Any gel polish can be used over any Backscratchers product. The application is as follows:

Gel Polish Application

1. Complete the entire Backscratchers product application as directed. Final result with a shinny cured surface.
2. Using a 240 grit file, slightly buff the finished nail surface – being careful to not reduce the product, just remove all shine.
3. Dust off nail surface.
4. Apply gel polish as instructed by manufacturer – be sure to apply their base/adhesion layer, color and top coat.

Removing the gel polish is usually done with pure acetone. Unfortunately, this also dissolves the Backscratchers products as well.
Therefore, I usually removed the gel polish with a 100 & 180 grit file, which will remove the color but keep the integrity of the product underneath. Just be sure to reseal the Backscratchers product surface when you are done – even if you are reapplying gel color.

Thank you very much for checking and answering my question, I appreciate it very much!