BeautyTech Forums

Full Version: Mystery Gel
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Was wondering if you guys could help me out. My Mom went to a salon and asked for Shellac. I have no idea what they gave her tho. She said it was in a white bottle, with a shape similar to an OPI GelColor bottle. But it had no markings or logos. She said she picked the color off a chart and then they went to get the color. No color indication on the bottle whatsoever. She said it might of had a number on it. I'm guessing so it matches the chart. I know it definitely wasn't CND Shellac since it was a white bottle and not oval. My fear is that it's some random product since there isn't any markings. Any ideas?
Well- whatever the gel brand- I would just do the normal removal process- not much you can do..
. tell her not to go back.
I've already told her that. I was just curious if anyone had an idea of what they were using.
It might be a IBD bottle. I believe it's a hard gel. I went to a supply house and they said buy this its cheaper and you charge same price. THEY DON'T KNOW!!! I said that's lying. So with that being said. Go some where you can have your questions answered. Always ask ?'s
I was confused why she was even going someplace other than going to me. She's my mom lol I don't expect her to pay me!! Free and a legitimate product sounds like a win-win to me. Lol
It maybe a IBD bottle. I believe it's a hard gel. I went to a supply house and they buy this its cheaper and you charge same price. THEY DON'T KNOW!!! I said that's lying. So with that being said. Go some where you can have your questions answered. There's no hiding bottles when u have nothing to hide.
A white bottle could be a number of brands - Gelish, LeChat, IBD - all of which are legitimate quality brands. My concern, given that they had color numbers rather than color names, is that it might be a counterfeit brand like CCO or Bluesky, or any of the others available on eBay. The counterfeit brands tend to be very hard to remove and you have to soak a long time and be very careful not to do damage when removing them.
Sounds like gelish