BeautyTech Forums

Full Version: Transfer foil with gel polish
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
How do I get foil to stick to all of a gel polished nail? I have been watching YouTube videos on how to use transfer foils with gel polish. I have tried it twice and each time the foil doesn’t stick as well as they show in the videos. I am just leaving the sticky layer after it cures and using that to stick the foils down, but I have bare spots and after pressing the foil on the nail a couple times it is no longer sticky and foil wont stick.
(02-02-2014, 09:19 PM)Evelyn P. Wrote: [ -> ]How do I get foil to stick to all of a gel polished nail? I have been watching YouTube videos on how to use transfer foils with gel polish. I have tried it twice and each time the foil doesn’t stick as well as they show in the videos. I am just leaving the sticky layer after it cures and using that to stick the foils down, but I have bare spots and after pressing the foil on the nail a couple times it is no longer sticky and foil wont stick.

Cure the gel polish a couple of times and let it settle for a few seconds. Also, try wiping the back of the foil with acetone. That will help too.
After I apply and cure 2 coats of gel polish, I remove the inhibition layer. Then I apply the transfer adhesive, then the transfer foil. Has worked well for me...give a try and see if it works for you.

Chrissy
http://www.lovethosetoes.com
Bowie, MD