BeautyTech Forums

Full Version: Hello, I'm New :)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi ladies! This is my first post Smile I am interested in becoming a nail tech and there is one course near me, but the tuition is $4500. Is that a lot? I did some googling and it seems to be on the higher side, most course I see for about $3500, or am I wrong?

It could just be that this school has the market cornered as we live in a tiny state with only a couple beauty schools and they are the only one within an hour that does offer ONLY nail tech classes (not full cosmetology).

Actually the other school is about 45 minutes away and they charge $3100. That is a big difference, I may as well just make the drive but I have limited time because of my kids. I have 3 children aged 4, 4 and 3 and right now I am a stay at home mom.

This will be a career change for me, before having kids I was a first grade teacher. I have no desire to go back to teaching because while I love kids, I just want to step away from the red tape. I would rather do something part-time that is creative.

Do you have any advice for a newbie? I have been enjoying reading this forum! Thanks everyone Smile
Welcome to our world! Sounds like you did your homework.. you may have to really just weigh the difference between the extra travel versus the extra cost.. $4500 gotta sound a bit high though.. Can you speak to any past or current students @ both places' that may help you decide.. maybe Google both schools and see what you find as far as comments..