BeautyTech Forums

Full Version: have you used the "TEN" gels?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
what do you think?

adhesion?

self leveling?

I had great results with BioSculpture over Linkage... but, can't get the BioS any more and, $$$$ anyway...
and, sort of anti-leveling ;-(
didn't really think of what a difficult product it was to work with until I tried Light Elegance again, what well behaved products they have (push a little more into a dip and it blends in ;-) ), and far more attractive (though I need a super white like BS's #3 white for a couple clients, know any?)

but, couple clients, not quite getting the results I want, so, shopping again....

Heard its good but there's a process to use it & a heat spike to work around.
I'm really liking Christrio - easy peasy so far! LE is my 2nd fav!
Ask companies for trial kits or sample size * most have them for free or greatly reduced $$$.
Check around--
Young Nails
Masterworks
Nailite
Christrio
Akzentz

(12-29-2013, 09:49 AM)[email protected] Wrote: [ -> ]Ask companies for trial kits or sample size * most have them for free or greatly reduced $$$.
Check around--
Young Nails
Masterworks
Nailite
Christrio
Akzentz

I have or co-workers have tried all but two of those

Had not heard of Christrio... when you have time, can you tell me more about their gel?

I like the nail art shown on their site....

I was intrigued with the video i came across on YouTube with Christrio- then I really liked her techniques for applying the gel--- I was struggling with gel nails being too thick-- especially with gel polish / art. So far I followed her technique & the gel self levels & I did them on myself & got them very thin & natural. If you prep correct you don't need to cap the edge- which I think I was doing to heavily.... I followed the instructions & barely had finish filing * which was shocking- I was advised to find a gel that works for you not against you- I think I understand what that means now. Price wise- it looks very reasonable! Its a 1 step gel- no bonder no primer no base either- easy easy!

I really like LE too -
And I found Artistic Rock Hard LED gel easy to use as well-
But the Christrio is pulling at me- I will be using it on a friend for a full set this week- so far I've used it only on myself-- I filed off my previous gel so I can get a feel for it going on completely.....
(12-29-2013, 07:44 PM)[email protected] Wrote: [ -> ]I was intrigued with the video i came across on YouTube with Christrio- then I really liked her techniques for applying the gel--- I was struggling with gel nails being too thick-- especially with gel polish / art. So far I followed her technique & the gel self levels & I did them on myself & got them very thin & natural. If you prep correct you don't need to cap the edge- which I think I was doing to heavily.... I followed the instructions & barely had finish filing * which was shocking- I was advised to find a gel that works for you not against you- I think I understand what that means now. Price wise- it looks very reasonable! Its a 1 step gel- no bonder no primer no base either- easy easy!

I really like LE too -
And I found Artistic Rock Hard LED gel easy to use as well-
But the Christrio is pulling at me- I will be using it on a friend for a full set this week- so far I've used it only on myself-- I filed off my previous gel so I can get a feel for it going on completely.....

Thank you, let me know how it goes.
I want to go back and see if they do nail art classes... I can do flowers, but I like the look of their art, would be nice to see the professional in action, maybe help me speed up my 3d....

Wendy, I sent a sample of gel. The way to prevent the heat spike is to flash the nail NOT IN THE LAMP but in front of it just a couple of times. The gel will "set" at its 1st glimpse of the UV and after flashing a couple of times it is good to go into the lamp. The heat spike is only bad if you are applying too thick so keep it thin.
That is why it is working so good for gel mani's . Two thin layers that don't spike, Linkage keeps it from lifting then 2 coats of color. It is lasting two weeks PLUS and looking awesome !!!
(12-29-2013, 10:02 PM)[email protected] USA Wrote: [ -> ]Wendy, I sent a sample of gel. The way to prevent the heat spike is to flash the nail NOT IN THE LAMP but in front of it just a couple of times. The gel will "set" at its 1st glimpse of the UV and after flashing a couple of times it is good to go into the lamp. The heat spike is only bad if you are applying too thick so keep it thin.
That is why it is working so good for gel mani's . Two thin layers that don't spike, Linkage keeps it from lifting then 2 coats of color. It is lasting two weeks PLUS and looking awesome !!!

I have a small one bulb lamp that I use in hot weather to hold gel so it won't run before it gets into the "big" lamp for a full cure, would that work?

I usually only do French manicure... none of my clients are that interested in gel color
IBS in NY is coming up in March - I'm going & can't wait to really speak to these companies & watch them in action!! I know a few ppl on here say IBS isn't as great * but for me (I'm newer) its close by & I'll take any help I can get !
Yes that single bulb lamp would work great on the TEN Gel !!!