BeautyTech Forums

Full Version: The elusive 1-week polish
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I keeping reading about the elusive 1-week no-chip mani with regular polish, but, like Big Foot and the Loch Ness Monster, it seems to be something people talk about, but no one really can share facts about it!
I've met a few techs who say their clients get 5-7 days from regular polish, but no one has ever said how this is even possible. I've personally never gone more than a 48 hours without a chip or wearing. So, if you are one of these wunderkind techs who can make polish last a week - please help a sister out and tell me what magical thing you are doing or if you just have clients who wear gloves all day long?!!!!
I ScrubFresh/Swipe twice plus I do a coat of Protein Bond. Usually lasts 1 week plus with some tip wear
(12-23-2013, 08:33 PM)scotchtapeandrhinestones Wrote: [ -> ]I ScrubFresh/Swipe twice plus I do a coat of Protein Bond. Usually lasts 1 week plus with some tip wear

Can I ask which protein bonder you use?
I use Young Nails Protein Bond. Also be sure to use a high quality base and top. Lumos is in my top 3.
(12-24-2013, 02:33 PM)scotchtapeandrhinestones Wrote: [ -> ]I use Young Nails Protein Bond. Also be sure to use a high quality base and top. Lumos is in my top 3.

We used Lumos top and bottom and my techs hated the top coat so we only use it for pedis now. For manis we use Qtica with Zoya polish and OPI Signature for OPI polish.

You said you are still getting wear at the tips though, which is also what we see. I am looking for the no wear, no chip polish that people allegedly get - is this just a pipe dream?
I didn't like the Lumos top coat at first either. The trick is applying it very generously. I just barely clean off the brush. Gigi from salongeek has an awesome tutorial about Lumos

I don't know about the no wear, no chip polish. I've only experienced no wear, no chip from gel : /
I get the 7-day wear from Vinylux polish!!! Try it.