BeautyTech Forums

Full Version: Specialty
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Good morning all! I'm thinking about not doing pedicures anymore and just specializing in Manicures and Shellac Manicures. Most of my clients only get their hands done and honestly that's what I love doing. I've never really enjoyed giving pedicures nor do I think I'm very good at it.

A friend of mine is looking to make a change in salons so I thought about renting my room to her and I would move my manicure table into a smaller room in the building.

I'm wondering if anyone else has done something similar? My husband is worried that I'll lose business to my friend but I think that I'll get more business from her and business from being more specialized in one area. Any feedback you have would be very appreciated!
When you only offer services that you specialize in you limit yourself and the amount of money you can make. If your friend likes doing pedicures and also offers manicures, her clients would probably rather get both services with her instead of leaving her work area and coming to your for their nail services. Clients love the convenience of one stop shopping.

I know quite a few techs that don't offer pedicure services because they do not enjoy doing them, so they offer additional nail services to help compemnsate for the money they would have made doing pedicure services. Services like paraffin treatments, nail art, glitter gel (rock star nails), etc.

If your friend has a good following, it will mean that you will have to make sure you have enough clients to keep you busy as well. You don't want to lose clients to your friend because she offers multiple services and you only offer a speciality service.

Best of luck to you!

Chrissy
http://www.lovethosetoes.com
Bowie, MD