BeautyTech Forums

Full Version: what should i use to clean my tools?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey!

I am just starting out and I was wondering what should I use to clean/disinfect my tools? Would it just be rubbing alcohol or acetone? Just not too sure Smile

Any suggestions?
Your state should have guidelines for what is required. At a minimum - first clean with a brush and soap under running water, then put into Barbicide (or other EPA-registered fungocidal) for at least 10 minutes.

My state has an option of dry heat, wet heat or uv sanitizing. Autoclave (wet heat) is the best option for sanitizing because it is quicker than dry heat and uv is basically ineffective.
Thank You!

Is there anywhere else beside beauty stores where I can get some?

(11-13-2013, 08:16 PM)plumgirl Wrote: [ -> ]Your state should have guidelines for what is required. At a minimum - first clean with a brush and soap under running water, then put into Barbicide (or other EPA-registered fungocidal) for at least 10 minutes.

My state has an option of dry heat, wet heat or uv sanitizing. Autoclave (wet heat) is the best option for sanitizing because it is quicker than dry heat and uv is basically ineffective.

Micrylium is a cleaner, safer, greener disinfecting product...as well as a "high" grade level. You can go to http://www.cjscentreforbeauty.com to email for more info.