BeautyTech Forums

Full Version: White gel polish
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Has anyone tried Arctic White by Gel II gel polish ? It says it covers in one coat, would do back flips if I found a white that gave true opaque , non streaky color in one coat ! Also, has anyone tried this brand in general ! Does it perform well ?
I've not tried that particular brand but I've had great success using OPI's Alpine Snow and getting on in one coat. I use a dotting tool to apply it instead of a brush. I truly think that's got something to do with it.
I had a rep do a demo on me using the Gel II Arctic White. It covered well, but she did use two coats because she was doing a tye dye design.

I like IBDs Marshmallow and Gelish's Arctic Freeze which is an amazing super bright white! I hope this helps a little bit.

Chrissy
http://www.lovethosetoes.com
Bowie, MD
I do not care about the one coat claims. I always do 2, not only does this give me great coverage, I get a full cure and never have shrinkage. I use YN ManiQ. I have tried others but seem to get the best results with ManiQ!
Thanks for all the great info everyone ! I sort of had a feeling I would still need two coats no matter what, and so glad Chrissy mentioned Arctic freeze by Gelish, as I was wondering about that one too...as for ManiQ, I really want to try more of their colors,but have no clue what they look like. I ordered one that was supposed to be a frosty brown, and it is more like an olive green, brownish color...don't want to be stuck w/ more colors I'll never use....
(10-30-2013, 08:50 PM)Donna in Huntsville, TX. Wrote: [ -> ]I've not tried that particular brand but I've had great success using OPI's Alpine Snow and getting on in one coat. I use a dotting tool to apply it instead of a brush. I truly think that's got something to do with it.

thank you, I had been using Biosculpture #3 white, but can't get it anymore... tried a couple others, not as much coverage and not as white...
I'll give the arctic snow a try
I'm doing "hard" gel, I think it would work as well?
I usually do two coats, to keep it thin and even, but one coat would be a nice time saver