BeautyTech Forums

Full Version: Rant on DeEnterprises Angelic SOG
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Last week, as I was applying Angelic SOG to a client I discovered the brand new bottle was only 1/2 full. I checked all my other bottles and same thing... 1/2 to 2/3 full. I called the company and spoke to Frankie and he checked his own stock and agreed they were half filled. He tells me they're filled by weight not volume. The bottles are labeled 15 ml which we all know is a measure of volume. Other brands are filled by volume. Long story short, Frankie told me that they would fill all bottles by volume in future.
If the story ended there all would be good. However his "supervisor" called and she would not let me speak. She blathered on and on with more than a few condescending remarks sprinkled in. She was trying to tell me that a milliliter of gel was more than a milliliter of water. I know from my college physics and science courses that a milliliter is a milliliter whether it be water, sand or cow poop. Heck, we all learned in grade school that a liter and a gram are not the same.
For the amount of product in the $6.95 bottle, we're better off buying Gelish, Polish Pro, Cuccio, etc, etc. There's many brands out there that fill their bottles to the neck and give us a fair deal.

Sorry for the rant but we all need to be aware of what we're paying for. I love what I do, but let's face it, it's not a real "high profit" profession.
That is absolutely crazy! Glad I don't use their products... some people should never be allowed to speak to customers!
mL's are for measuring volume, liquids only, not solids, but yes, an mL is an mL weather it by water or gel - they may not weigh the same but take up the same amount of space in a container.

Cow poop and sand would be measured in grams or ounces ;-))
This is not uncommon and I have seen under weight nail products before.

The mistake is for the manufacturer to assume that 1ml of gel or acrylic = 1 gram. This relationship IS true of water (1ml = 1gram), but gel is heavier and acrylic polymer is lighter:

1ml of polymer is approximately 0.7 grams
1ml of gel is approximately 1.3 grams
- weights of each material per 1ml vary by product type, e.g. some gels are heavier than others.

So if you put gel into a 15ml container, the gel alone (excluding jar) will weigh more than 20 grams. If you put acrylic polymer in the same container, it will weigh between 10-11 grams.

The point I was trying to make with DeEnterprises was that their bottles are labeled for volume: 1/2 oz/15 ml. That's the industry standard. Other brands that I've bought are labeled the same and come full. To my understanding, legally, if a product is labelled 15ml it must be 15ml, not 7 or 8 ml, no matter the filling method. You put 10 gallons of gas in your car, you don't want to pay for 20, right? When you buy a bottle of enamel polish, you can see through the clear glass how full it is. You're going to know when you're being ripped off. The opaque glass SOGs come in makes it easy to hide just how full the bottles are.