BeautyTech Forums

Full Version: LED Light
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I know this has probably been ask and answered but I cant find it....so here goes..
I'm in the market for a new lamp and I'm interested in a LED or a LED/ UV lamp..I'm using NSI all their range and CND shellac and I bought a UV lamp from NSI in Australia(have been for 10 years) and I went to order new globes and they don't stock them any more but they still stock UV lamps (I didn't need them just yet but always like being prepared). I looked at the NSI US site and I see they have a LED lamp and now thinking that's why Australia didn't stock globes they are getting rid of stock . Well its been 9 months and we finally have LED lamps to buy now. They are expensive and I saw on young nails site that they have a portable LED lamp for $89? or $99 round there and that's so much better than $300 or so from NSI..So would the young nails LED lamp work on my NSI polish pro or not and is there a universal LED/UV lamp out there???....I know I have gone on but I would so appreciate your help...thank you in advance for any feed back...
Can anyone help pleases?????
Most people say here use the lamp that goes with the brand of polish you are using.
I use a 36 watt lamp from star & an LED lamp from Uspicy that I find works fine.
I use : Masterworks by Amy Becker hard gel, Light Elegance hard gel, Artistic Rock Hard LED gel & some LCN Black Diamond Hard Gel. In soak off primarily Gelish & IBD - but have a few bottles of this & that brand that I've tried - All seem to work fine.
At my salon job they only have a 36 watt lamp- looks like a basic lamp & we use OPI -- she hasn't jumped onto the LED yet- might have to bring mine in & show her it works with OPI fine.
My LED lamp was reasonable priced for me @ home I felt.
Thank you for your reply. I just noticed on the NSInail australia that they have a cheaper LED light $91 and it doesnt have their name on it, so may be it doesnt really matter? Im about to email them and ask what the difference is between the two. As im not sure why you would buy the $400 one over the $91.
(10-09-2013, 05:55 AM)Tbaglette Wrote: [ -> ]Thank you for your reply. I just noticed on the NSInail australia that they have a cheaper LED light $91 and it doesnt have their name on it, so may be it doesnt really matter? Im about to email them and ask what the difference is between the two. As im not sure why you would buy the $400 one over the $91.

It can be extremely frustrating but you just have to dive in and do some research depending on what gel products you are using. I do with a previous email, that is is too expensive to buy everyone's lights. Now that said, you can see that many LED lights have different set timers. I am starting to use Akzentz products and their LED light has different time settings. I did just find a lamp that is by LeChat and it sounds great. It supposedly used SMD LED lamp lights. I emailed for a price. You can just google this and can read about it. So to find out if other lamps use these SMD ones . . . . I don't know yet. It is all just trial and error much of the time. I can use some products from different lines with each other and yet I have just found with Akzentz line that I need to use their Gel Cleanser vs any other astrigents and I only know that because I tried using what I had on hand. So for me, since I am using this said line of gel products, I am going to buy their lamp and also because I like their design the best. Maybe down the road, we will hear more about the SMD lamp lights. On a side note, I found a cordless battery charged lamp that would be nice to use for gel pedicures. Good luck and hope this helps a bit.
(10-14-2013, 04:03 PM)julienails Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-09-2013, 05:55 AM)Tbaglette Wrote: [ -> ]Thank you for your reply. I just noticed on the NSInail australia that they have a cheaper LED light $91 and it doesnt have their name on it, so may be it doesnt really matter? Im about to email them and ask what the difference is between the two. As im not sure why you would buy the $400 one over the $91.

It can be extremely frustrating but you just have to dive in and do some research depending on what gel products you are using. I do with a previous email, that is is too expensive to buy everyone's lights. Now that said, you can see that many LED lights have different set timers. I am starting to use Akzentz products and their LED light has different time settings. I did just find a lamp that is by LeChat and it sounds great. It supposedly used SMD LED lamp lights. I emailed for a price. You can just google this and can read about it. So to find out if other lamps use these SMD ones . . . . I don't know yet. It is all just trial and error much of the time. I can use some products from different lines with each other and yet I have just found with Akzentz line that I need to use their Gel Cleanser vs any other astrigents and I only know that because I tried using what I had on hand. So for me, since I am using this said line of gel products, I am going to buy their lamp and also because I like their design the best. Maybe down the road, we will hear more about the SMD lamp lights. On a side note, I found a cordless battery charged lamp that would be nice to use for gel pedicures. Good luck and hope this helps a bit.

Hi Thank you for your input! its helps. Im thinking now I may try to get one thats UV/LED (switch between ) but I havent had any time to check it out. Its really hard when you are talking lots of moneys or if they dont work with your products ... will keep researching ..
(10-17-2013, 03:20 AM)Tbaglette Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-14-2013, 04:03 PM)julienails Wrote: [ -> ]

Hi Thank you for your input! its helps. Im thinking now I may try to get one thats UV/LED (switch between ) but I havent had any time to check it out. Its really hard when you are talking lots of moneys or if they dont work with your products ... will keep researching ..

Remember also that they all have different wts - and you need to make sure to use the correct wts for the product you are curing. If the wts is not high enough - it will not cure properly. And not all gels cure with both LED and UV.
I use artistic colour lamp & it's a five finger cure & I use it for all my gel polishes which is mostly young nails maniQ, I also use ibd, ez flow trugel, opi, Akzentz luxio, it cures all of them, even my maniQ black, love it!
(10-23-2013, 01:58 AM)Cindee Wrote: [ -> ]I use artistic colour lamp & it's a five finger cure & I use it for all my gel polishes which is mostly young nails maniQ, I also use ibd, ez flow trugel, opi, Akzentz luxio, it cures all of them, even my maniQ black, love it!

Thanks for the update. I know there is a new SMD LED curing lamp, but it is different lighting so there still isn't feedback yet. The artistic light seems great and I would like to order a less expensive one to have in both areas. I use Akzentz and just ordered their LED light to go with my CND UV light, which works great, but when the bottom does not come out - that is not good for gels. It is going to become a must for the bottom to be removed . . . or able to.

Thanks again.