BeautyTech Forums

Full Version: blending ...pics
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, tried this the today for the first time..the only problem is trying to keep this off the skin. any suggestions??? i used polish pro save the date,green with envy and your place or mine...(love polish pro, all NSI infact)

[img][Image: CIMG0952.jpg][Image: CIMG0954.jpg]
Cute! Are you using makeup sponges? Try cutting them in half, I have also seen people use scotch tape around the nail. I haven't done the blending yet... But I would assume no matter what you did you'll most likely get it on the skin. Try a orange wood stick wrapped tightly with cotton, dipped in alcohol or acetone to get it off the skin before curing ;-)
yes I used make up sponges the triangle ones cut in half. I thought of using tape after i had finished. I didnt get too much on her skin but it felt really unprofessional getting it on her skin and wiping it off. but she loved it.
Really mice..
I love it. Is it difficult to do? Is it very time consuming? Did you charge extra?
Where can I get detailed instructions?
You can do the flag colors for the 4th of July. Orange and Black for Halloween. Red and black Valentines Day. OMG! So much fun!
heehee sillysoup....i used a triangle makeup sponge cut long ways in half then on the thin end I put 3 colours in a line then patted them on( depending on the lengh of the nails as to how wide you do the colours on sponge I just made it thirds really). No it didnt take long and I didnt charge extra as it probably would have taken me just as long to paint on. I didnt think I used much product either. was great fun and cant wait to do my own nails..
I know this is a Few months old but try putting vaseline on the fingers/cuticles before applying. It helps a lot!
Good idea Niki!
you could use tape or a form applied backwards to mask the skin before sponging
Sherr.....i am sorry....i am not trying to be mean......but ive read your response a cpl of diff times and i have NO idea what u are talking about!!! Are you from another country?????
And...guys. easiest way to do cleanup is takr a small brush and use acetone to just paint around the cuticle area.....comes right off!!!
Sorry Sherr....im not trying to pick w u....im just like---+ what?????? I kno epidermis....obviously....lol...i dunno. Im in a mood i guess....hahaha.Smile
She said exactly what you said. Wipe away the product with acetone or liquor soaked on an orange wood stick wrapped in cotton. That mood again.
"Whisky record around the claw".......um...what?? I am certainly glad that someone else hangs on every word i type besides myself......lol......but actually i said....use a BRUSH dipped in acetone to paint around the cuticles.....if we want to be specific. Cheerio!!! Smile
Thats just petty. Try and enjoy yourself instead of being so rude and down.
""Sherr.....i am sorry....i am not trying to be mean......but ive read your response a cpl of diff times and i have NO idea what u are talking about!!! Are you from another country?????
And...guys. easiest way to do cleanup is takr a small brush and use acetone to just paint around the cuticle area.....comes right off!!!
Sorry Sherr....im not trying to pick w u....im just like---+ what?????? I kno epidermis....obviously....lol...i dunno. Im in a mood i guess....hahaha.""

Tracy, My guess it that Sherr is not English speaking and is using some sort of electronic translator. Something where you type in your native language and it translates to English. You can tell what she means, it's just not what we would use like "wiskey" instead of alcohol.
Not only that but how many people that are not fluent in English understand "kno, tho, dunno, cpl, pick w u, -+, ive"? Just to list off a few from this one topic. It's much easier to understand you when you spell it out and so you might not be the only one who doesn't get what's said. Just sayin.
Back to the nails, they look great! Is there a tutorial online somewhere?
Tracy, I didn't understand it either. I've read a few of her posts and had to re read them several times and I still had a hard time figuring them out.
I know. I sincerely wasnt being mean....nor trying to. I realized what i said after the fact....im older - mature--- wldnt ever intentially try to hurt anyone. It just struck me as odd and i honestly didnt ubderstand what was being said......anyhoo.....