BeautyTech Forums

Full Version: Using just gelish base and top for clear nails
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was wondering if anyone has used gelish foundation and the topcoat with no color. I just wanted clear shiny natural nails. My concern is, will it last as long as color? I think one nail has already chipped after one day.
Thanks
(08-27-2013, 11:21 PM)sillysoup Wrote: [ -> ]I was wondering if anyone has used gelish foundation and the topcoat with no color. I just wanted clear shiny natural nails. My concern is, will it last as long as color? I think one nail has already chipped after one day.
Thanks

Try using two layers of topcoat or a layer of structure in between. That usually works for me
(08-27-2013, 11:21 PM)sillysoup Wrote: [ -> ]I was wondering if anyone has used gelish foundation and the topcoat with no color. I just wanted clear shiny natural nails. My concern is, will it last as long as color? I think one nail has already chipped after one day.
Thanks
Thanks
I am a nail tech and I use this on my nails just to keep them shiny,I have very thin and soft nails and it helps to keep them from breaking and spliting so easy,it dont stay on quite as long but it works for me.

I have had good results with foundation-simple sheer-top coat.
I have great results with Gelish base, Structure (1 or 2 coats) and top coat. Lasts 2+weeks.