BeautyTech Forums

Full Version: Dry Wiping
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I read a post recently about problems with gel polish shrinking back and puddling.There was some who suggested dry wiping,can someone explain how to do that? I also am having more problems with OPI.I would appreciate any help.
I have dry wiped the foundation in the Gelish line- apply thin coat foundation, cure, wipe once with dry lint free wipe & proceed basically.
I have never dry wiped OPI Gelcolor and havent had any problems. With their base coat, make sure to apply super thin. When the nails come out of the light, the nails should look matte and not shiny
Hi! I'm so sorry I forgot to answer your email. Dry wiping, means you just take a dry, gel brush and wipe off some of the excess slick from the base coat. Very simple!
(08-21-2013, 09:12 PM)jb100680 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi! I'm so sorry I forgot to answer your email. Dry wiping, means you just take a dry, gel brush and wipe off some of the excess slick from the base coat. Very simple!

Do you mean after you cure the base? I was also wandering if will help shrinking back.
Yes, you cure the base, then take a clean dry brush and wipe off some of the sticky layer..

The reason there is a need for dry wiping, is usually related to too much base. If you use too much base, there is an excess of the dispersion/sticky layer. The color layer now floats around on the sticky/dispersion and shrink back is the result.

So off hand I'd say reduce the amount of base you are applying.. and this may help.. It saves the extra step/time of needing to dry wipe when you get the correct amount of base leading to the proper dispersion/sticky layer..

hope that helps!