BeautyTech Forums

Full Version: gel top coat
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
What does one use to wipe the dull surface off of the nail after using gel topcoat. I just purchased a few bottles and Im not sure what to use,Thanks in advance.Smile
some people swear by 99% alcohol, others say the regular 70% will work.
I second that answer
I use Young Nail's Mani-Q cleanser, it was specifically designed for using to cleanse and wipe tacky layers for gel polish.
Pure acetone
(08-17-2013, 02:40 AM)PrecisionNails Wrote: [ -> ]Pure acetone

Lol, I just assumed she was asking about gel polish top coat. Of course acetone is perfect for traditional hard gels, but definitely not for soakable products!
Alcohol gives the best shine,but some brands have their own wipe off.ie Gelish have Cleanse. Gin or vodka will also work in an emergency!!!!!!!
99% Isopropyl Alcohol. Acetone will remove the residue, but will often dull the shine.
(08-21-2013, 04:54 PM)mrs o Wrote: [ -> ]Alcohol gives the best shine,but some brands have their own wipe off.ie Gelish have Cleanse. Gin or vodka will also work in an emergency!!!!!!!

I have some lovely Raspberry Vodka, but I don't think I will use it on nail services! Cool
(08-23-2013, 10:01 AM)CandiceAE Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-21-2013, 04:54 PM)mrs o Wrote: [ -> ]Alcohol gives the best shine,but some brands have their own wipe off.ie Gelish have Cleanse. Gin or vodka will also work in an emergency!!!!!!!

I have some lovely Raspberry Vodka, but I don't think I will use it on nail services! Cool

Ha ha - no you drink it while you have the panic attack! It does work - truly and so does cnd cool blue, but 99% alcohol gives a great shine. I had to try the gin method one time while doing a friend's nails at home and it worked!
Used 91% Alcohol with OPI's gelcolor top coat and it worked perfectly.
would make 70% vs 90% alcohol make that much difference? Interesting!
Non-acetone polish remover - cost effective and works great on soak-off gel polish.

Chrissy
http://www.lovethosetoes.com
Bowie, MD
Gypsifire asked about the correct wipe off for Gel.
I answered with a gel Polish wipe off.
Different services completely!
Hence the confusion on this thread.
My fault entirely, lesson to self- read the question--engage your brain!
I am sure that someone here will give the Op the Correct answer.

Lol on the alcohol choices! I had to use Listerine a few evenings ago while doing my nails at home. I had everything BUT alcohol here. You use what you have to in a pinch!
(10-11-2013, 08:32 AM)[email protected] Wrote: [ -> ]would make 70% vs 90% alcohol make that much difference? Interesting!

It did for me. Couldn't locate the higher stuff and tried it and the surface was dull and sticky. What I did find I was able to do till I located some was add 25 to 50% acetone to the alchol and it worked fine.
Brenda
Hmmm I guess I'll have to experiment & see the difference!!
Thx