BeautyTech Forums

Full Version: Others using my products
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I recently started renting a table at a Hair Only Salon...This is currently my 3rd week. Prior to renting I worked on commission and all supplies were provided.. Today I came in and saw 2 of my polishes removed from the rack and placed on my table. After looking around at some clients getting their hair done; the salon owners aunt had the same color on her nails and was holding her hands up like she was waiting for them to dry... I'm not sure if I should say something or see if this behavior continues since I'm new here and don't want to start off on bad terms with anyone here .
I think I understand that all the products are yours. Yes that is not right, she actually is taking away customers from you. Can you lock your stuff away? I would put it away even in a locked box.

If it happens again I would politely say something about it, you are there to work and you need to build up a clientele, its not hygienic, and you are not going to take their hairspray and do your customers hair so she should not be doing your potential customers. Good luck because you really don't want to start off on a bad foot.
I'm sure the salon owner is the one who told her it was ok. I'd talk with her first and tell her you're uncomfortable with people using your stuff. You're a business, and anyone using your stuff without your consent or paying for it is shoplifting. To them, it's just polish, to you it's your tools. Without your tools, you're out of business. Put a stop to it know or get a locking cabinet.
Ive always been booth rental, so everything has always been mine. It always seems like someone comes along and feels its ok to borrow my things. So, everything gets locked up, period. I know a lot of smack gets said behind my back about it being rediculous.
You're there to make money, not friends. You have to say something or it will just get worse.
Thanks girls ... I think I'm going to get a cabinet that locks over the weekend and remove the polishes from the racks daily. Hope it helps
Maybe you can just keep the polishes locked up and instead of taking them out daily, just put the colors on nail tips and take out as needed.
(08-08-2013, 07:21 PM)jennie Wrote: [ -> ]Maybe you can just keep the polishes locked up and instead of taking them out daily, just put the colors on nail tips and take out as needed.

great idea, that would be a big time saver.
Unfortunately, I agree - LOCK IT UP! I also feel that I got lots of eye rolls behind my back.... but I can't afford to fund other peoples services with MY supplies. If you borrowed their hair supplies - they wouldn't like it either....Smile I have always taken Fridays off - and I found out (before I locked up) that a hair dresser was providing mini manicures using ALL MY products to her clients on Fridays. At my station - using all my products. I never saw a dime. So, I told her I had to lock up so she wouldn't be able to provide that service to her clients anymore. She never said a word back to me.... but if I saw the clients they mentioned to me that they missed getting that done. I said they still could - their hair dresser just needed to buy her own products since they paid her to have it done. I told them that she never compensated me at all. She wasn't happy with me - but I didn't care. business is business for goodness sake.
(08-11-2013, 06:19 PM)Gr8Nailz Wrote: [ -> ]Unfortunately, I agree - LOCK IT UP! I also feel that I got lots of eye rolls behind my back.... but I can't afford to fund other peoples services with MY supplies. If you borrowed their hair supplies - they wouldn't like it either....Smile I have always taken Fridays off - and I found out (before I locked up) that a hair dresser was providing mini manicures using ALL MY products to her clients on Fridays. At my station - using all my products. I never saw a dime. So, I told her I had to lock up so she wouldn't be able to provide that service to her clients anymore. She never said a word back to me.... but if I saw the clients they mentioned to me that they missed getting that done. I said they still could - their hair dresser just needed to buy her own products since they paid her to have it done. I told them that she never compensated me at all. She wasn't happy with me - but I didn't care. business is business for goodness sake.

I find it amazing that people who DON'T do nails for a business think we must not have to pay for our supplies. At least that's what it sounds like to me when another professional uses your stuff. Those are the WORST, imo.