BeautyTech Forums

Full Version: Some Advice....
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm doing tips with gel for my friends daughter for her sweet 16. She has already told me they will just be for the party, she is not letting her keep them on. What is the best way to put them on that will ensure they stay on for the weekend but be easy to remove later? Has anyone had any experience doing this? Thanks....
(07-21-2013, 12:56 PM)sueefd Wrote: [ -> ]I'm doing tips with gel for my friends daughter for her sweet 16. She has already told me they will just be for the party, she is not letting her keep them on. What is the best way to put them on that will ensure they stay on for the weekend but be easy to remove later? Has anyone had any experience doing this? Thanks....

My girlfriend swears by using those sticky tabs you buy in the drug store. She keeps those nails on for at least a week. May use full nails with the tabs.
I agree with Tashawana. Go to Target, Kmart, Walgreens, CVS. They all have the press-ons that are already polished and some have french or designs.
Dashing Diva has some great pre-designed tips for temporary use, or you could go with the Prescription nails and that leaves the design in your hands. Smile
but then they wouldn't need me!
You could always try the Prescription Nails. They are custom fit and plain (either clear or natural colored) so you do the finish work with polish, gel or whatever may tickle your fancy. Just another option.
Smile
I'm sorry, but I have to jump in and say that I would definitely NOT recommend using drug store products on your clients - which you clearly already are the same page as me! Smile I would just glue on tips and use gel polish (if you have a good strong brand). Do a couple layers of base coat on the nail to fill in and smooth the line of the tip out, then you could do gel polish over the whole nail or as french and/or design. Then she could just shorten the nails and soak off the gel polish.

I know this would work with Mani-Q or Cuccio - so any nice strong gp would do I think.