BeautyTech Forums

Full Version: the maker of the Hand Made Neck Warming Wrap Help!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am searching for the directions that someone on this board shared with me for a Hand Made Neck Wrap that they gave their clients for the holidays. It was filled with some sort of grain that they purchased from a local farm supply. The pattern called for "channels" to be sewm into the fabric with the grain, and the cover was made with the cutest animal print fabric ( which I think they got from a Target Blanket) If you are out there still I would LOVE to get another copy of the pattern/ instructions and promise to not lose it again!!! THANK YOU!!!!!

sobeit

I have never made them the way the above directions say, but I have made them out of cute striped socks, filled with white rice, sew the end shut. They are microwave safe and freezer friendly. Its how I have done them for years.

KaiylaHilton :
> I am searching for the directions that someone on this board shared with me
> for a Hand Made Neck Wrap that they gave their clients for the holidays. It
> was filled with some sort of grain that they purchased from a local farm supply.
> The pattern called for "channels" to be sewm into the fabric with the grain,
> and the cover was made with the cutest animal print fabric ( which I think
> they got from a Target Blanket) If you are out there still I would LOVE to
> get another copy of the pattern/ instructions and promise to not lose it again!!!
> THANK YOU!!!!!

Here is the info I have:

About the neck wraps and Deanna's spa blankets.. (I got my idea from her)

We got the flax seeds at a local feed store. They're about $30-35 for a 50 pound bag. Which was MORE than enough to make 60 wraps. I got my lavender on eBay. I actually have a whole pound left over (I bought two pounds and only needed half)

My fabric was 43" wide, so I cut in it half, and then into 8" strips. Folded them length wise and stitched the bottom and side seam. Flipped them right side-out and added about 2.5 oz (the side of my little measuring cup thing) and stitched it into a pocket. Repeat two more times and then I folded the end over twice and stitched it shut.

Repeat the cutting for the cover fabric, but make sure they bolts are the same width. I'm going to stitch them the same way and hem the top. I got some iron-on velcro that bonds permanently to fabric for the closures. Seemed easier than snaps or buttonholes.

Hope this is what you wanted. :wink:
Thanks Ladies!!! Idonls- thats it!!!!!!!!! I purchased a 50lb bag of the seed two seasons ago and put it in my shed, in the woods, how smart was that? Animal lover indeed, but did not mean to feed mice gourmet food. Why I didnt think harder about that- just in a huge rush :roll: I threw the whole thing away when I saw what hapened a month later, so I didnt even have the bag to refer back to so I could see what it was. THANKS so much!!! The ones she made were so pretty!!!!!

You are welcome, glad I could help!!
You can also sew pretty handtowels together. I sew a few random lines through the middle (being careful to leave about an inch between the end of the line and the edge of the bag) to create "pockets" so the rice doesn't bunch in one end or the other.
Quote:sobeit
Posted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 5:30 pm Post subject:
I have never made them the way the above directions say, but I have made them out of cute striped socks, filled with white rice, sew the end shut. They are microwave safe and freezer friendly. Its how I have done them for years.

Could you post a pic of the sock wrap? I would love to see how they look and see how you sew them shut...
thanks sobeit and Amanda for the ideas also!!!!