BeautyTech Forums

Full Version: Nail Stamping
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, everyone ! Have any of you tried the stamping nail art, such as konad, and is it worth it ? Any thoughts and opinions ? I did a lot of stars by hand this week ,and even tho my clients raved, I would have been happier if the smaller ones were more perfect and defined, so I was thinking stamping plates might solve this for me, and give me a bit more design versatility. Somehow I am thinking it is not as straightforward as it looks...
I use them and love them. I get mine off of ebay and I use the knock off image plates they are much cheaper and still work great. however the knock of polishes don't work so I spend the money I saved on the plates on getting the Konad Polish.
Do you have to use the Stamper polish? Can you use acrylic paint or UV gel polish to create the stamps ?
(07-07-2013, 10:31 PM)[email protected] Wrote: [ -> ]Do you have to use the Stamper polish? Can you use acrylic paint or UV gel polish to create the stamps ?

Good question !
Acrylic paint has never worked for me, but I've gotten a few CND Shellac shades to work the odd time - also depends on the stamp. Some of them work better than others. Some of the Vinylux shades work well too.
(07-08-2013, 08:59 AM)scratchmyback Wrote: [ -> ]Acrylic paint has never worked for me, but I've gotten a few CND Shellac shades to work the odd time - also depends on the stamp. Some of them work better than others. Some of the Vinylux shades work well too.

I bought the ebay ones and have had such a hard time. Is there a trick to using them? I usually am trying with lacquer (essie, opi, etc.)thanks.
I've had great luck with striping paint. Also, if you have some polishes that have gotten thick & gloopy, usually they work too. I could never get the acrylic paints or gel polishes to work for me, but that's ok since there's so many other options!
Handy trick I discovered: If I'm using regular enamel I have to let it dry at least 10 minutes before I can stamp, right? So since I've waited that long already, I'll add a thin coat of Shellac topcoat, cure, then stamp. That way, in case the stamp comes out crooked or something, I can just wipe it with polish remover and I haven't screwed up the polish underneath.
I bought the Konad. I haven't used it much. I will have to try using black to see how that works better. I don't think it's that easy to use or clean. I have the ones that you can do a french white tip, but it doesn't last long probably because the polish is too light and comes off quicker. It's probably better for stamping arts.