BeautyTech Forums

Full Version: Polish-Gel Polish-Polish
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Have any of you gone from Polish to only Gel Polish back to Polish or both?
Maybe it's just me but I don't seem to understand your question. Do you mean as far as the services I do? Or do you mean going back and forth between wearing polish and gel polish?
When I started out it was all regular polish, than I swtiched to gel polish only, but I am seeing a lot more of nails with just regular polish again, is it becoming more popular again, I felt regulat polish it kind of subsided in this area, did it in any other area?
in my area, I can't say there is/was a trend either way ...
In my neck of the woods I am at 96% gel polish on nails. the other 4 % are no polish people. On toes its the reverse with mostly polish and a few gel polish. Proper education on how to take care of the gel polish is vital. Cuticle oil is a must. They don't use it, I don't apply it!
Neither, my clients are about 50 50 for regular and gel polishes
We have many clients that get gel polish and they love it. Some clients with really poor nails don't do as well with gel polish as clients with better natural nails - so sometimes they take a break, but they are spoiled and always go back a few weeks or months later. Clients love the finish, shine and durability. (We do not put gel polish on clients that refuse to use cuticle oil every day.)

Clients mention to us in passing conversation quite frequently that regular polish never lasts on them more than a day or two without chipping, so they don't bother with regular polish manicures except as a necessity for special occasions.

We had high hopes that Vinylux would help out the clients that would like a longer lasting manicure without resorting to gel polish. But, after using it for awhile now I can't say that we are really loving it. It's just OK, but we are not wowed by it. We have to have a staff sit-down and decide why that is, but so far that is our general consensus here in the salon. A bit sad about that. We were really, really excited about Vinylux. I think it is a texture thing as it doesn't seem to apply like regular polish, and we usually end up applying three coats because it seems fussy and more transparent.
(07-04-2013, 08:40 AM)propeditech Wrote: [ -> ]We had high hopes that Vinylux would help out the clients that would like a longer lasting manicure without resorting to gel polish. But, after using it for awhile now I can't say that we are really loving it. It's just OK, but we are not wowed by it. We have to have a staff sit-down and decide why that is, but so far that is our general consensus here in the salon. A bit sad about that. We were really, really excited about Vinylux. I think it is a texture thing as it doesn't seem to apply like regular polish, and we usually end up applying three coats because it seems fussy and more transparent.

I know what you mean about Vinylux. I had really good luck with it lasting chip-free the first time I wore it, but it doesn't seem to be the trend for me. I also think it is a bit streaky. If you are using a base coat, it definitely affects wearability - it does not like a base coat! We are not going to carry it in my salon at this point either anyway, because I cannot verify whether it is 3-free or not. I have emailed CND 3 times and scoured their website for info and cannot find anything, so my guess is that it is not 3-free, which is a huge issue for me.