BeautyTech Forums

Full Version: Speed/Pressure with Texas Tornado bit and YN e-file
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
After much deliberation, lol, I finally purchased the Young Nails e-file. I tested it out today, taking down hard gel with the Atwood Texas Tornado bit. I'm having a hard time fighting all the "grabbing" it does. Should I be using it a higher or a lower speed, and how much pressure? With my old e-file, the Medicool PowerPro 30K, I had to crank up the speed and had to use a fairly heavy hand with it.

Just trying to get all the kinks worked out!
I'm not familar with the YN e-file, I have an Erica. I've got the Tornado bit, and I've found it works the best at high rpm and a light touch. If you use it at a lower speed, you'll have to bear down more and that could cause heat for the client. BTW, I love Tornado bit!
[quote='Donna in Huntsville, TX.' pid='29598' dateline='1372473839']
I'm not familar with the YN e-file, I have an Erica. I've got the Tornado bit, and I've found it works the best at high rpm and a light touch. If you use it at a lower speed, you'll have to bear down more and that could cause heat for the client. BTW, I love Tornado bit!

[/quote

Donna, have you tried the mean green or did you just go straight to the texas tornado? I am trying to decide which one to get Big Grin
I've got both of them and I really don't see a difference in their removal work. I think a straight sided one would work better than the barrel sided but it's all in preference. Either one is great for gel removal.