BeautyTech Forums

Full Version: Vinylux Questions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Does anyone know if you can recoat the nails in a few days, on top of the original Vinylux polish coats, with an extra coat of Vinylux topcoat? How about with another coat of Vinylux polish and topcoat?

I have some clients taking a break from gel polish by using Vinylux, particularly Grapefruit Sparkle. They would like to freshen it up after a few days, and I wasn't sure if that was possible without taking off the original polish.

Also, do you still put your clients under a nail dryer, like a Lanel (blow drying) machine? My clients keep asking if they can still put their hands under the dryer. I tell them it is not necessary, but they still want to know if they can and what will happen Wink !

How many days into the mani? Id say the top coat, yes. I have noticed Vinylux top coat doesnt stay shiny!! Its so sad Sad lol, I was very excited for this porduct. Although, you have to remind clients that this is polish, not Shellac, so that shine theyre used to isnt realistic.
I personally havent used vinylux on manicures yet, but I got the system for pedicures. Since pedicures last so long this whole, not staying shiny thing, has become a common complaint. I would just reccommend a fast drying top coat that you know will stay shiny on top of the oroginal application, as long as it is many days later.
I think its a matter of trial and error though to see if that effects the wear of Vinylux since CND claims the top coat gets harder over the week...

(06-17-2013, 06:39 AM)propeditech Wrote: [ -> ]Does anyone know if you can recoat the nails in a few days, on top of the original Vinylux polish coats, with an extra coat of Vinylux topcoat? How about with another coat of Vinylux polish and topcoat?

I have some clients taking a break from gel polish by using Vinylux, particularly Grapefruit Sparkle. They would like to freshen it up after a few days, and I wasn't sure if that was possible without taking off the original polish.

Also, do you still put your clients under a nail dryer, like a Lanel (blow drying) machine? My clients keep asking if they can still put their hands under the dryer. I tell them it is not necessary, but they still want to know if they can and what will happen Wink !