BeautyTech Forums

Full Version: Home salon open house
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi. I am looking for any advice on an open house I am doing. I have a small home based salon that I would love to make into my full time career! If anyone has done one in the past or has any suggestions please share them with me Smile
So far I have a mini OPI polish with a $5 off thank you attached to it, and 2 prize draws of a Spa pedicure and an OPI gelcolor mani.
Thanks so much!
How will you be advertising to bring people in? That seems the most critical...
My first question would be one that seems obvious - but what do you plan to accomplish with this open house? What is your end goal? To gain clients or to increase curent client loyalty, etc.
(06-15-2013, 03:05 PM)plumgirl Wrote: [ -> ]My first question would be one that seems obvious - but what do you plan to accomplish with this open house? What is your end goal? To gain clients or to increase curent client loyalty, etc.

Great question! If I had a home-based salon, I wouldn't want strangers there, referrals only. Perhaps encourage existing clients to bring friends . . .
Thank you for all the replies. I was not getting emails that there were replies here so I am just seeing this now. I have only invited by flies I have handed out in my neighborhood to neighbors and to existing clients and to people I know that have not been in yet. I have encouraged them to bring friends and family.
I have for food planned, wine and cheese, fruit platter and personalized cupcakes.
As I mentioned I have mini OPI bottles of polish with a thank you attached and a $5 off your next service.
2 Draws, one for a Spa Pedicure and one for a Gelcolor application.
I have only just started in April so my main goal is to get people over to see the salon and gather some bookings.
I was thinking of a booking special... Thanks so much!