BeautyTech Forums

Full Version: Best Cuticle softener
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Can anybody tell me what works well for them to push back those stubborn cuticles?
CND Cuticle Away
I love VB Cosmetics Cuticle Remover, let it sit while I am trimming & shaping and all of that dead tissue just gently pushes right off, it's Fabulous! The have recently updated their website and I think it is a bit confusing, but worth navigating. The cuticle remove is under the Dazzle Dry category in Mani/pedi. Register with them as a licensed professional to get the professional pricing. Smile
Bluecross love it
What Darcy said! (I find myself saying that often . . . ). Call Kathy Bachi at VB Cosmetics (866.398.9357) and tell her how you heard about their products. Try the urea-based Be Silky Callus Spray also. Products are available in retail, salon and bulk sizes.
I'm personally very sensitive to any of the traditional cuticle removers - they actually make my cuticles red and burn and really seem to dry them out.

Dadi Oil is 95% organic and provides the same softening without the caustic chemicals that can damage skin around the nails with the added benefit of moisturizing!
Thanks for all your ideas !
Cnd cuticle away. Loooove it. I don't know if I agree with the Dadi oil comment. It is amazing stuff, but not great for those tough cuticles. If you have a client with sensitive skin I think warm water wouldhomestlymsoften better.
A skin conditioner/moisturizer is different chemically from a product designed to break down dry skin.
(06-17-2013, 07:05 PM)PrecisionNails Wrote: [ -> ]A skin conditioner/moisturizer is different chemically from a product designed to break down dry skin.

Actually, that's not entirely true. Many moisturizers contain allantoin and/or alphy-hydroxy acids, which work to break down the outer layer of skin/keratin, just like a callus or cuticle remover. The effect is not as harsh or quick, however, because the concentration of acid is lower.

I presume Dadi Oil works on cuticles because the lemon and avocado oils have AHAs to break down the cuticles, but I'm not sure - I just know it works well; a couple of minutes after applying (don't rub in) cuticles are easily pushed off. I've tried using plain almond oil, but it does not work like the Dadi does. I have not tried it for calluses, and don't think it would be effective, because obviously the keratin is much thicker and harder on a callus; but for cuticles it works great.

I swear I'm not being paid by Famous Names, LOL! it's just great stuff!

If only there were a single chemical compound that exfoliated dead skin/moisturized live skin, without preservatives, fragrance, etc. . . .