BeautyTech Forums

Full Version: Education classes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi everyone. Ive been lurking for a while and finally decided to post. I'm getting ready to graduate cosmetology school at the end of August. I've decided that I love manicures and pedicures a lot more than doing hair but unfortunately since I go to an Aveda school I have only learned natural nails. I have done acrylics on practice hands at home and on myself in my own time, scoured nails mag's website and youtube but am looking to take some actual classes. I am having one heck of a time finding any classes even remotely close to where I live! I live in northeast ohio, about an hour from Pittsburgh pa and an hour and a half from Cleveland. I am willing to travel up to three hours though!

Anybody have any ideas?

Abbie
can't help with classes but wanted to say congrats on completing school & wish you best of luck on your boards!
Plan on attending the Premiere Beauty Classic in October and taking all the nail classes you can!
http://www.beautyclassicshow.biz/shows/c...index.html
I don't know where you live, but Young Nails offers classes and they have great online tutorials. Congrats!!! Don't give up the hair though...it's a moneymaker to fall back on. I have a couple of friends that do both and it fills up their days.
A good place to start could be your local distributors. Granted, they'll most likely be product specific but at least you'll get the chance to interact with colleagues and the educators, and that could lead you to more classes. Smile