BeautyTech Forums

Full Version: how much on average do you nail salon owners make a year??? just wondering
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

just wondering how much you nail salon owners make a year?

thanks
I think you're going to find a tremendous variation here if many are even willing to say ...and averages don't really mean alot most of the time ... it will swing so much from a well established salon to a newer one ...city or rural, small town or what have you ... how big a client base ...being an owner doesn't mean you roll in the dough ...and consider the headaches too. Are you gonna service clients or just oversee ...so many things come into play
I 'own' a very small salon of 1 - just me - and I like it that way. I am currently rebuilding my business after a 7 month leave of absence for family/personal reasons ...I hope that within my first year back, I'll gain the ground I lost ...I live in a rural-ish layed-off industrial, economically depressed area that is saturated with salons ...good luck to me I'd say Confused

sorry for such a vague response but there is no straight forward answer
I agree, it's going to depend on the person's work habit and how much they want to work.
I work about 20-25 hours a week (service hours) as a solo tech in my shop and clear close to 40k. I also sell a large variety of retail, which does make a difference. If I were willing to work full time and book full capacity I think I would probably gross 100k. It all depends on how you structure your pricing and your work hours and your retail...