BeautyTech Forums

Full Version: Aveda
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was a little taken back today. I have a salon license in a beautiful facility. We are all individual owners, so I guess the term I have heard is beauty mall. In any event, I contacted the rep so that I could have some product for use and for sale at my station and was told "the beauty mall is not our business model going forward for our Aveda brand with new business." Wow is all I can say here.

Comments?
I know at one time, if you carried more than 3 product lines, they would not accept you for Aveda. (And a product line is considered each formulation from a company- not as one brand.)
(05-09-2013, 03:38 PM)AZNailGal Wrote: [ -> ]I was a little taken back today. I have a salon license in a beautiful facility. We are all individual owners, so I guess the term I have heard is beauty mall. In any event, I contacted the rep so that I could have some product for use and for sale at my station and was told "the beauty mall is not our business model going forward for our Aveda brand with new business." Wow is all I can say here.

Comments?

They want their brand associated with a very specific spa/salon type as a way to ensure they are always seen as an exclusive brand. I can see how you might be initially offended, but I would not take it that way. Many channel partner programs of varying types (outside of this industry) have these kinds of requirements. I am not able to order Butter polish at this time, until I send them pictures of my salon - and I'm totally fine with that (just waiting to finish my build out!).