BeautyTech Forums

Full Version: Young Nails Safety Bit
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Has anyone had any issues with their safety bit falling on the floor and breaking? The first one I bought fell and the stem broke. I emailed them and they told me it was a "safety" feature. To prevent using a bent bit in your efile. I bought that explanation and actually purchased another one because I love it so much. Well today it rolled off the desk and broke!! OMG! I am so upset. Anyone else have this issue?

I've had lots of bits fall on the floor and never had a single one break. That being said, I don't use the YN bits. I get mine from Atwood Ind. They've got some awesome bits and Bruce and Nicole are very helpful. Shipping is super fast, too.
I love the safety bit. I haven't had any problems though...
I love the Safety Bit too. I own a couple, no problems to report.
Yes, I have had this happen as well. One of our clients knocked the e-file on the floor and the bit snapped right off. I didn't think too much of it, but I never had that happen before with any other bit.
It does make sense, I wouldn't want to be using a bit that was slightly bent (not visible to the naked eye), because if it's just slightly bent it makes a difference in how smooth the operation is and the angle of the bit to the nail. That said, I don't use their safety bit, because by the time they came out with it I was already in my groove of using the x-cut (or similar) bit to file off gel polish (above the base layer buffer) and then coming back with the sanding band for prep.
I have had it happen with the cheap bits I have bought at the supply house for $7. LOL But I dropped them. Thats why I am scared to buy one for $50 when I am the issue.
I bought these form ebay (china), and they are actually very nice.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/2-pcs-smooth-top...3cccb37fa9