BeautyTech Forums

Full Version: Who is going to try the new CND Vinylux?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just when you think there are no more new products another one comes along. I just wonder if this polish stays on and does it discolor your nails since no basecoat.
How long would it last on toenails?
I anyone ordering or has anyone tried it?
I don't think CND was at the IBSNY show this past week. That show is getting worse every year.
To me it's not worth it unless throw away all my old polish and just use Vinylux. Someone needs to come out with a top coat that can make any regular polish last a week.

The wall rack with 62 colors is sold out on Industry Source...So I guess someone's trying it.
(04-17-2013, 05:26 PM)jimsjadab Wrote: [ -> ]The wall rack with 62 colors is sold out on Industry Source...So I guess someone's trying it.

I am not going to jump in and buy all 62 colors, but I definitely will be ordering a bottle or two. The price is the same as regular polish - I am kind of surprised they didn't go with a premium price - to me that means it's just another "long-wear" claim. Bad marketing move in my book, LOL; a higher price would have actually probably drawn my interest more!
(04-17-2013, 12:07 PM)sillysoup Wrote: [ -> ]Just when you think there are no more new products another one comes along. I just wonder if this polish stays on and does it discolor your nails since no basecoat.
How long would it last on toenails?
I anyone ordering or has anyone tried it?
I don't think CND was at the IBSNY show this past week. That show is getting worse every year.

I attended the NY IBS show this past weekend for two days. I have been going to that show for over 30 years and it has been a sad thing to see it dwindle down to next to nothing. I swear it gets smaller every year. (The spa section was pretty good last year, but really bad this year.)

CND was there this year, but I did not ask about the Vinylux. Could be an interesting product for the last hold-outs who refuse to do gel polish but would really like a manicure to last more than a day or two.

Some of the other nail companies at NY IBS were Gelish, Morgan Taylor, Artistic Colour Gloss, Akzentz, Le Chat, and Young Nails. But I do hair as well as nails, so there was enough to keep me busy for two days. Everytime I attend this show, I seriously wonder if I will return next year...

I like the idea of using it in between shellac applications but it seems like "just another polish" not even sure if I believe the claims, the price is suspiciously low.... We will see. I may be pleasantly surprised Smile
where do they sell this? I am not interested in having it for my clients, just myself. I only work on feet and I wonder if it lasts any longer on toes. Toes stay longer than fingers anyway.
I just ordered some from The Industry Source. It's pre-order right now. I ordered the summer brights collection and it will be shipped out at the end of April. I figured I'd try it out.
This product seems interesting but I believe what really does the work in the formulation in the top coat, that's just me though LOL. I will try it eventually after it has been out for a good minute to see how others feel about it Smile
I was thinking of trying a few bottles ...for the price, why not?? I find the shipping kinda high for just a few bottles though... I read the FAQ on their site & they claim there is no discoloration to the nail ...hard to believe with reds & dark colors
where can i buy it?
I definitely plan on trying some as soon as our local Cosmoprof gets it in!
wish I had a Cosmoprof near by ...closest one is 70 miles. So I guess I shouldn't complain about the shipping considering gas ...
[Image: photo.php?fbid=10201086914042885&set=a.4...=1&theater]

I had a chance to preview it today in one of the FingerNailFixer Classes yesterday. I can't wait to actually purchase one to try it out. The claims are 7 day wear, no base coat needed, and dries in 8 1/2 minutes. Plus it is 3 free, matches the shellac colors, and still reasonably priced. The color line is very pretty.
It really DOES WORK. And it REALLY DOES need to be used together to work like it promises- the technology is in both the color coat and the top coat- And it's AWESOME. It's priced for YOU to be able to retail it Smile Try it, you might change your mind. And it has nothing to do with HYPE. Smile
Mine will be here on the 27th!
So far so good. I have had it on for 3 days and not a single chip. I picked up a summer mini kit from cosmoprof the other day just for the heck of it. I mean for 9 bucks why not? I have not a single chip, and I am hard on my hands, I have even been finding ways to use my nails more lol. It dried so fast and the top coat has a nice shine to it. So far I am extremely impressed, the no basecoat thing is pretty nice as well. CND didn't disappoint me =)
and you have no gel base on your nails?
No base at all. I just washed my hands, shaped my nails, scrubbed my nail plates with ScrubFresh and then went to town. I am truly impressed. I usually can't go more than a day without at least one chip.
cool! me too ...regular nail polish on my bare nails (base coat or not), I don't even get a day out of it
There is some helpful info and application tips on SalonGeek.com/nail-geek about CND Vinylux. Unless I was reading their posting dates incorrectly, I think the UK has had the product before us - and they have had more time to experiment with it?? Posters on that particular forum seem happy with the product and impressed by it.

Not sure why they would have had access to this before the US market. Anyone know why that would be? Just curious...
The dates on the geek site would be:
day:month:year
as opposed to any US site which is usually
month:day:year

but I must have mine set to my time zone and US style dates.. because they dates look US to me Smile

it is a common occurrence in our industry (I don't know about others) that a product is released overseas before in the US even if it is a US based company. I don't personally know the reasoning behind that thought process though.
I'm new to this forum so I just wanted to say hi to everyone here. In regards to products being released overseas first, I think that it is mainly due to the fact that companies have to send the products to them very early because international transportation (boat) takes a very long time and the ETA can vary from shipment to shipment.

Anyways, the Vinylux line is actually a very very nice product line. We were hesitant to purchase this for our online store, but everyone here at the office is happy that we did. The colors match the Shellac line very well, has a nice consistency, and the application process is also very easy (no base coat). I also agree that the secret formula is in the top coat. The top coat is really durable and is the main reason why the polish can last as long as advertised.