BeautyTech Forums

Full Version: Almost empty wax...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Has anyone ever had a problem with their wax stripping off people's skin when it is getting to the bottom of the pot? I always test to make sure it is not to hot, but suddenly after 7 years of not burning anyone the wax is pulling off skin when I pull the strip! Any ideas on what the problem may be?
Hi, I never let my wax even get half empty, it's always full. Where did you wax and did you use oil on the skin first? For sensitive areas I am now using the berodins blue hard wax, love it.
(04-10-2013, 04:38 PM)aj Wrote: [ -> ]Hi, I never let my wax even get half empty, it's always full. Where did you wax and did you use oil on the skin first? For sensitive areas I am now using the berodins blue hard wax, love it.
Yes I did use oil and it was on the eyebrows. I have always used Gigi wax and prep products. I am going to try changing out the wax and see if that helps. It was weird because I have never had that problem before!
Was this just on one person, or happened to multiple clients?
(04-10-2013, 11:25 PM)NailsGlitterLove Wrote: [ -> ]Was this just on one person, or happened to multiple clients?

It was on two different clients. I stopped waxing until I could figure out what the problem was. I opened a new pot of wax this morning, later today I am going to try it out on my self to see if that fixes the problem.
Is it possible they began using medication? I recently had a prob where a coworker whose nails i've done at least 5 times came to work with peeling fingers. I couldn't figure out what happened until she mentioned she was on Accutane as of the past month. The Blue Cross was too strong for usage on a client using it. So it was a lesson for us both.
I know when wax gets overheated it can loose its consistency. Since the pot was low that's more likely that it could overheat. I prefer hard wax for eyebrows, I sugar now.