BeautyTech Forums

Full Version: Do you work Sundays?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Assuming no one is working today since it's Easter, but do you work Sundays normally? If not, and you work at a salon, are they open on Sunday?
I work at a full service salon and they are open 7 days a week. I'm their first nails only employee working Friday's and Saturday's only but the girls were saying it would be good for me to work on Sundays because they have a lot of walk-in's from the downtown pedestrian traffic.
I work at a day spa part time and run my own mobile business. The day spa is open and I will take parties on Sundays. However, as a Mom I try to save some Sundays for the family. I have always had a hard time choosing between work (especially when money is tight) and the family. However, I work with several people at the day spa who work both and love the money they make on the weekends.
We work 7 days 9-730
I work at a spa that is open 7 days a week. I don't work weekends. That's my time with my family.
I work at a full service day spa and we are open Monday - Saturday. I only work Monday - Friday. I just don't have the request on Sat. Most of my clients are during the day.
The salon I work at is open seven days a week and I work Saturday and Sunday both. I make the majority of my income on those two days.
I own my own shop so I never will Sunday... Church and family
My Sundays are by appointment only..i decide then if I want to take appointment or not....I usually do
(04-23-2013, 09:40 AM)Msn2nails Wrote: [ -> ]My Sundays are by appointment only..i decide then if I want to take appointment or not....I usually do

Same as! As I am just starting my nail business I don't want to turn clients away and if that is really the only day they can do then so be it!
(03-31-2013, 08:02 PM)Monique_Al Wrote: [ -> ]We work 7 days 9-730

I hope everybody doesn't work that schedule! No body should work 7, 10.5 hours days a week ...take a day off! Take time for your life too.
(04-23-2013, 08:05 PM)loribe Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-31-2013, 08:02 PM)Monique_Al Wrote: [ -> ]We work 7 days 9-730

I hope everybody doesn't work that schedule! No body should work 7, 10.5 hours days a week ...take a day off! Take time for your life too.

yes they do I have a day off bc I drive 1hr 30 mins to work and they have a 7 year son who can not do anything bc they are so money hungery, I feel so bad for him
I hope you can find a better set-up for yoursef Monique ...sounds very tough - sending good thoughts your way
I used to work Tue-Sat, but Saturday's are not a very popular day, so I went to just Tue-Fri last year around this time. The salon where I booth rented for a year is open Tue-Sat, but Saturday isn't very popular there either. We have a lot of retired people in the area.
While I'm not a nail tech ...I'm finding Saturday is not my biggest day either ...I guess it depends on the venue, I don't do a lot of kids & I have 3 weekdays open until 6 pm to give people a chance to get in after work - I have 'set' hours Tues - Fri; Sat. is 'by chance'. I have a small private salon ...but I have worked in salons that their biggest day was Saturday