BeautyTech Forums

Full Version: Cuccio Veneer vs Shellac
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
How are you explaining the difference between Veneer and Shellac?
It is virtually the same product - they are both gel polish's. Shellac is a hybrid mix of gel + polish while Veneer is pure gel with not even an odor of polish.The results "should" be the same with either product, but as with other types of nail products (acrylics and other types of gels) one brand may work better with YOUR techniques than others for your clients. Then there is the client adhesion factor that will vary per brand, per client.. just remember, not every client is a candidate for gel polish services! Know your client's nails and make a professional recommendation based on your education and experience.

I currently use Gelish. I have clients who only have issues with crack/peel on free edges.... i believe their FE is too soft to hold. I'm trying two top it off coats & / or the structure gel-- possibly going to try a thin layer of hard gel-- if they still can't hold gel polish- I'm going to try original soak off gels then-- since I think that might act more like gel......right? :-)
I dont think 2 to coats will solve your problem.. You should try a harder gel as a base on them, using whatever bonder is recommended for that gel. "Soak off" gels are harder than gel polish but softer and more flexible than hard gels.. so yes that might be a good option for them.. if they have peeling nails (not nec peeling gel polish) make sure you are caping each layer which might mean freezing each ail or 2 as you move along. Make sure they are not taking a file to their nails unless they need to to prevent snags etc..

Good suggestions- I am seeing chipped gel polish, natural nails peeling on FE, the FE looking uneven or jagged (even though 1 week to 10 days I filled them perfectly square.). However- rest of nail is holding up.

So using the hard gel as a base - I would do a thin layer- cure- then wipe with alcohol, and applying gel polish or soak off gel & top coat?
When the client comes in-- then what? I know the hard gel won't soak off-

Thanks!!!!!!!
If you have a little chipping then you can try a bonder/primer on JUST the FE of JUST those clients.

The peeling people need a little more TLC and a soak off or hard gel base may be what they need - those you need to make sure you CAP the FE also. If you use a hard gel you can soak off the UVGP, give the remaining hard gel a quick rough up swipe with a 180 or white block, one more very thin coat of hard gel starting at the cuticle area fathering it down to the FE so you don't get too much build up (hope that makes sense). Depending on the hard gel base you may or may not have to remove the sticky dispersion layer before the color layers. thats something that will take trial and error - a combo of the brand and thickness will either make you remove or not.. if you have to remove the sticky dispersion then you will need to again take a 180 or a white block just to remove the shine real fast

I hope you will join us at the Long Island Network Day in August.. yea its out on the island.. exit 64 on the LIE.. but it is WELL worth the day trip.. check the Beautytech Shoppe in the events section or try the link to your right Network Events..
Great- I'll try these suggestions! And will look @ events!!!
Thanks a million!!
(03-29-2013, 03:23 PM)BeautyTech.com Wrote: [ -> ]It is virtually the same product - they are both gel polish's. Shellac is a hybrid mix of gel + polish while Veneer is pure gel with not even an odor of polish.The results "should" be the same with either product, but as with other types of nail products (acrylics and other types of gels) one brand may work better with YOUR techniques than others for your clients. Then there is the client adhesion factor that will vary per brand, per client.. just remember, not every client is a candidate for gel polish services! Know your client's nails and make a professional recommendation based on your education and experience.

Thanks Debbie