BeautyTech Forums

Full Version: Michigan Nail Tech State Exam Help!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi! I am new to this forum and hope that I am posting in the correct spot! I have been apprenticing and I am close to taking the State Exam. I have so many questions like... What did you put all of your kit items into? How to keep nails on plastic hand without them constantly trying to pop off. Specifics on disinfecting tools between each procedure, and other questions as well. I would love to talk to someone who has completed the manicuring exam in Michigan.
Thank you for any help! ~Malinda
I used uv hard gel to adhere my full coverage tips to my hand. Light elegance has a bonder that you can put over plastic tips without buffing, so I used that. The bonder helps the gel adhere to the plastic hand and tips. You can also use L&P to stick them on. Remember though, it's a one use hand once you do that, lol.
(01-29-2013, 11:01 PM)Melissa82 Wrote: [ -> ]I used uv hard gel to adhere my full coverage tips to my hand. Light elegance has a bonder that you can put over plastic tips without buffing, so I used that. The bonder helps the gel adhere to the plastic hand and tips. You can also use L&P to stick them on. Remember though, it's a one use hand once you do that, lol.

I never thought of using a UV hard gel to adhere the full coverage nail. Do you just paint it on the finger, adhere the tip then put it under the light? So far the only suggestions I've gotten are to use that sticky tack but for some reason it won't stick good enough for doing acrylics because of all of the filing. Thanks for your help! Shy
You won't be able to use the tack because it will come off, lol. And yes, that is how I did it. I just made sure there was enough to cover the full nail under. I had to pre-taylor the tips too.