BeautyTech Forums

Full Version: YN acrylic air bubbles help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
OK so I use the young nails line of products, I am doing the essential nails course online training.

My question is I keep getting air bubbles and it's really ticking me off! I'm also getting a bit of crystallization sometimes.

Now I know there are so many reasons this could be happening, temperature in room, squishing bubbles out of brush first, tapping brush or dragging it up the side of my monomer dish, too wet/dry mix ratio etc......my question is how in the heck do I know what it is?

Especially with the mix ratio, I have no consistency as to whether it's too wet or too dry etc - ugh I'm so frustrated I haven't completed a full set yet! not even one nail has been good without me having to go back and file out air bubbles etc......

any comments would be appreciated!
I've had that problem too, and I have to say for me I've been overworking the product. I was using Tammy Taylor, which is a great, so I know it wasn't the product. I realized I may be a bit heavy handed. I always release the air bubbles from my brush and try to use consistent ratios each time - which is hard when you haven't mastered it yet. Frustrating, right?

Then I purchased NSI Attraction, used a light touch when I applied it and I haven't had any air bubbles. The key is to let the product work for you, so you just have to use light strokes. This will eliminate a lot of filing later. I am starting to think maybe it's easier for me to work with this product....because I was so excited when I saw no air bubbles!

Have you tried watching some of Young Nails or Tammy Taylor's education videos? They have some of the best training videos that have helped me perfect my application a lot! I hope this helps.

Chrissy
http://www.lovethosetoes.com
crystallization most likely came from dry powder under the wet product. use to happen to me all the time when I was first started. I use TT and never had and air bubble problem but both come down to mix ratio. practice practice practice. also branch out and ask for free sample and see if maybe another line is easier for you to work with.
(01-23-2013, 10:25 PM)Springer Wrote: [ -> ]OK so I use the young nails line of products, I am doing the essential nails course online training.

My question is I keep getting air bubbles and it's really ticking me off! I'm also getting a bit of crystallization sometimes.

Now I know there are so many reasons this could be happening, temperature in room, squishing bubbles out of brush first, tapping brush or dragging it up the side of my monomer dish, too wet/dry mix ratio etc......my question is how in the heck do I know what it is?

Especially with the mix ratio, I have no consistency as to whether it's too wet or too dry etc - ugh I'm so frustrated I haven't completed a full set yet! not even one nail has been good without me having to go back and file out air bubbles etc......

any comments would be appreciated!

undefined
Sounds to me like the pearl you pick up is a bit to dry, and you are overworking your product. Try a slightly bigger pearl, more liquid in your brush and just direct the product where to go. Not so much pushing with your brush.