BeautyTech Forums

Full Version: Pedispas - Love 'em? hate 'em? Reviews?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am opening a salon in a couple of months and I am overwhelmed by the number of pedispas that are available and the price range is crazy! I like the idea of the Simplicity from Continuum - not only is it a good price, but being that it is not plumbed, I could move the chairs around more easily if I ever want to redo the salon for any reason, plus no issues with plumbing is a huge plus. But will clients not like them because they don't have the whirlpool tub? They still have vibration and heat, but no jets... What are your thoughts on the need for jets?
I know nail techs says its all in the pedicure, not the chair. Thats NOT the mindset around here. Id like to think I give a pretty good pedi, but recently moved to a salon and now use a footsie bath. I hate it! Clients want those bubbles and big fat massage chairs. Ive had clients say my other salon was better. I have lost a few clients because of it.I agree, Ive had both but am much more inclined to go where there is a pedi chair with a whirlpool tub. If you have the money, get a chair. Obviously if space or money is an issue, well then, the footsie is better than nothing I guess.
I have to agree. clients seem to like the jetted tubs and massage chairs.
Thanks for the insight! I would love to get some reviews of chairs or brands also - since I am starting from scratch I can be picky.
Also depends on how strict the state you are in is. We had State Board come in, and the jetted/whirlpool tubs get the most 'fines'. Harder to clean, and lots of upkeep as far as keeping pedicure logs go...that's in CA, not sure what state you are in. Something to keep in mind. HTH
I recently went from a jetted pedi tub to a pipe less system and I absolutely love it. However, my clients really prefer the jetted tub because the circulation of water is stronger. I personally would love that too, but from a technicians hands, I prefer the pipelines system because of clean up. I am doing sometimes as many as 6 pedis a day and I needed something easier to manage and clean. I bought a J&A brand chair and I am really please so far. Mine has the magnet pump so there is no inlet or outlet for water....less places for bacteria to harbor. The massaging chair is awesome too. The chair I had before this one was a European Touch Bella. I liked it too and had it for 7 years with no problems except I had to replace the pump about a year ago.
They make portable jetted tubs (that what we have at the shop I'm at now) the clients don't seem to mind having to sit in a regular client chair. however, from the tech side I hate the darn thing. its a pain in the butt to drag out of storage and fill. not to mention the step for clean up are the same as a stationary pedispa only I have to drag this one outside to do it. I live in Utah and its either really hot or really cold out side and both suck for trying to clean and disinfect a jetted tub. personally i would rather have a footies bath or a stationary pedispa. the only benefit to having one that in between is for the clients.
(01-15-2013, 01:30 PM)EternalFlower09 Wrote: [ -> ]They make portable jetted tubs (that what we have at the shop I'm at now) the clients don't seem to mind having to sit in a regular client chair. however, from the tech side I hate the darn thing. its a pain in the butt to drag out of storage and fill. not to mention the step for clean up are the same as a stationary pedispa only I have to drag this one outside to do it. I live in Utah and its either really hot or really cold out side and both suck for trying to clean and disinfect a jetted tub. personally i would rather have a footies bath or a stationary pedispa. the only benefit to having one that in between is for the clients.

Why are ya having to take it outside hun? There are hoses that empty the water for ya. All ya have to do is let it drain down the sink. The one I've had before worked that way. It was a European Petite Spa. Is that what ya are talking about? And as far as the chair, get a big o' Executive Office chair with a separate massage mat on it and ya got a great set up for a spa! pedicure.
yes its a european petite spa but it doesn't have a hose. it might have when the owner first bought it but she never said anything to me about it. Sad
(01-14-2013, 06:07 PM)plumgirl Wrote: [ -> ]I am opening a salon in a couple of months and I am overwhelmed by the number of pedispas that are available and the price range is crazy! I like the idea of the Simplicity from Continuum - not only is it a good price, but being that it is not plumbed, I could move the chairs around more easily if I ever want to redo the salon for any reason, plus no issues with plumbing is a huge plus. But will clients not like them because they don't have the whirlpool tub? They still have vibration and heat, but no jets... What are your thoughts on the need for jets?

Check out Contego spa chairs.... the only company with a new patented design that is the only chair that is 100 % sanitary still using the jets..

http://www.contegospa.com

They make a fancy massage chair for the Footsie Bath, I believe CosmoProf has them. For those who want the nice massage chair but not the jets and huge bubbles and are concerned about sanitation (disposable liners). Just a thought.

Chrissy
http://www.lovethosetoes.com
Bowie, MD
I have the Pedicute by Continuum and I love it. The clean up is simple and clients like the sanitation aspects of it, with the disposable liners and no jets. I advertise it as an eco friendly (since it uses 1.5 gal of water) and ultra sanitary pedicure. I have not had a complaint about not having a massage chair (hopefully I won't) and have ultra plush chair with tons of pillows for them to sink right into.
I don't have the room for a spa chair and I don't want to have to deal with the clean up. I went to a Belava tub and I love it. I've got some elderly that I'm not sure could even get in a spa chair, especially the ones that are a bit high.
I asked all of my clients before buying my current pedi-chairs. I was a little surprised at their answers too.

Most told me that they could care less about the jets in the tub or the massage chair. What they really cared about was sanitation and disinfection, they wanted to know that the unit they were putting their feet in was really truly clean. The other top answer was that they wanted the water to stay warm longer... they hated being in cool water by the end of the pedi especially in the winter months when Pedi's are super important.

So I decided to go with the Belava Embrace chairs and the Belava pedicure spa systems.

No plumbing needed which was a huge plus. 90% of my clients are coming to me for complete foot care not just a "pedi" so they don't spend as much time in water as the "wam bam" shops because l do all of my callus expressing dry with files so the water is basically for washing, scrub and cuticle removal... I don't let my clients soak forever.

They have a heater/massager in the chair but the best part is that they have the Belava foot unit and interchangeable foot baths. The heater on the foot unit keeps the water warm the entire pedi and when I am doing the finer work they can put their foot on the unit (covered with a plain towel) to keep their toes warm till their done.

I have to say with all the infection concerns these days I like being able to remove the footbath take it in the back and soap and water clean it out and give a good quats spray. I have a surplus of tubs so we can go most of the day without having to clean tubs. I don't invest in the liners for the tubs unless specifically someone asks for one. Each client gets a fresh tub with fresh implements and we explain that as we go along on their first pedi with us.

I love it

http://www.belava.com/t-embrace.aspx