BeautyTech Forums

Full Version: Opinions Please: Gloves in the Salon
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi All!

I'm writing an article for Nailpro magazine about the use of gloves in the nail salon, particularly during pedicures. What is your opinion? Are you for or against them? Why or why not? Do you wear them for applying certain products (i.e., callus remover) and not during the rest of the service?

There are no right or wrong answers here, only opinions.

When responding, please include your full name, salon name and location in the event your feedback is used in the article.

You can respond here, or email me at mslizbarrett @ yahoo.com before January 2.

Thanks so much and happy holidays!
Liz Barrett
mslizbarrett.com
I wear gloves while performing all nail services I offer, from a quick polish change to a pedicure. I think that not only is it hygienic for my client and I, but it also helps protect my hand,skin and nails from chemicals used during nail services. On several occasions I have tried to simply sanitized the hands of me and my clients prior to a manicure, however, I have very dry skin and hand sanitizers tend to dry my skin even more. Wearing gloves while working, just as most things in life, took some getting use to, but once I started wearing them regularly, it became normal to function with and I was able to do my service perfectly.

Tricia Abreu
Nail Artistry by Tricia
Miami, Florida
Been wearing gloves since beauty school 20+ years ago . . .
Thank you for your feedback, Tricia!

Liz
Thank you for your feedback, Jaime!

Liz