BeautyTech Forums

Full Version: Pompei Purple
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have a client that loves pompei purple and also loves the way gel polish wears. So I am wondering if any other brand gel polish has something close enough to pompei purple that she'd be happy with it? I don't want to trial and error a bunch of stuff and then have it sit and be wasted. So I thought maybe someone on here might know a color and brand.
(12-15-2012, 12:44 PM)ttmil Wrote: [ -> ]I have a client that loves pompei purple and also loves the way gel polish wears. So I am wondering if any other brand gel polish has something close enough to pompei purple that she'd be happy with it? I don't want to trial and error a bunch of stuff and then have it sit and be wasted. So I thought maybe someone on here might know a color and brand.

They do have it in OPI Gel colos[/font].. or the CND Tutti Fruity is close.
There's one that's out called 'Peony Bouquet', it's either IBD or NSI. Can't remember which but it's real close.
Yup, OPI makes Pompei Purple in their Gelcolor line. So, that would be exactaly what your looking for.

Also, if you don't have their $$$ lamp. It cures just dandy in a regular CFL bulb lamp for two minutes color coat, One minute for base, and three minutes for topcoat.
I am wanting something besides OPI, I have that but for next bottle I'd like to get a different brand.
here's the link to Beautywest's site and to the gel color.

https://www.beautywests.com/ibdjustgelpo...t-5oz.aspx

I use this line a lot and it works wonderfully. I use either OPI base or Gelish base, either one, no problems. I use Gelish sealer over it. This particular is my fave and even my husband thinks it's pretty!
Yes - the Peony Bouquet from IBD's Just Gel POlish line looks just like Pompeii Purple... CND's Tutti Frutti is a close call - but's way more "pink" and not enough fuschia to be a total match. But, it's a great color and very popular.