BeautyTech Forums

Full Version: LED lamp help please
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm looking to purchase an LED lamp to use with OPI Gelcolor, I can't afford the OPI one, does anyone know of any they could recommend please? I am UK based and stumbled on your website while researching (I'm a 1st year student).

Thanks in advance
Barbara

Shy
Does UK sell Sally Hansen? Sally Hansen has launched it's consumer brand gel polish kit that includes a light. It's small and is a 4 finger NOT 5 finger cure. The LED light in the kit is the same as the one sold at Sephora (beauty store) with their OPI Gelshine. It's a great little lamp at a small price that works with OPI as well as other LED cure polishes
(12-03-2012, 08:35 PM)kkgunn Wrote: [ -> ]Does UK sell Sally Hansen? Sally Hansen has launched it's consumer brand gel polish kit that includes a light. It's small and is a 4 finger NOT 5 finger cure. The LED light in the kit is the same as the one sold at Sephora (beauty store) with their OPI Gelshine. It's a great little lamp at a small price that works with OPI as well as other LED cure polishes

Yes, you can buy Sally Hansen here - I'll check whether the kit is available in the UK, if not then its off to eBay I suppose! thank you so much xx
(12-03-2012, 05:25 PM)BarbaraC47 Wrote: [ -> ]I'm looking to purchase an LED lamp to use with OPI Gelcolor, I can't afford the OPI one, does anyone know of any they could recommend please? I am UK based and stumbled on your website while researching (I'm a 1st year student).

Thanks in advance
Barbara

Shy

Red Coat Manicure, Gelish mini, Supernails Pro Gel and Sensationail are all consumer brands that make inexpensive LED lamps. I hear Sally Hansen will be making one too. They work okay, but I really don't think them suitable for the demands of a professional.

In my GelColor instruction booklet from OPI it gives cure times for the OPI LED (30 secs each layer) and the OPI Axxium UV light (1-2-3 mins for base, colour and top). It then says "Cure times may vary with non-OPI UV lights." [italics theirs]

My interpretation of that is that while the OPI lights are recommended, that other lights can be used. Still, the OPI LED and Gelcolor were made for each other and will probably give the best result. I know that OPI has said that the Gelish 18g works fine for GelColor, but that's only slightly less expensive than the OPI LED.