BeautyTech Forums

Full Version: Lifting Skin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have extremely sensitive skin and often experience lifting the skin on my lip or eyebrows. I've been using Gigi's Azulene wax, which I love. I wanted to try something different, so I recently purchased the Ultra Sensitive Satin Smooth wax,. This was was wonderful for my eyebrows, but I ended up lifting the skin on my lip. I'm a licensed cosmetologist of 17 years - I primarily do nails and recently started offering bikini waxing services in the last year. I am not on any medications. I applied the wax at a low temperature, very thin. The only thing I can think of is that I used the strip to remove residue. Any helpful hints or tips would be appreciated, thanks!

Chrissy
http://www.lovethosetoes.com
Hi Chrissy,

Have you thought about using hard wax? It doesn't adhere to the skin.
(11-29-2012, 04:17 PM)lovethosetoes Wrote: [ -> ]I have extremely sensitive skin and often experience lifting the skin on my lip or eyebrows. I've been using Gigi's Azulene wax, which I love. I wanted to try something different, so I recently purchased the Ultra Sensitive Satin Smooth wax,. This was was wonderful for my eyebrows, but I ended up lifting the skin on my lip. I'm a licensed cosmetologist of 17 years - I primarily do nails and recently started offering bikini waxing services in the last year. I am not on any medications. I applied the wax at a low temperature, very thin. The only thing I can think of is that I used the strip to remove residue. Any helpful hints or tips would be appreciated, thanks!

Chrissy

try bodysugaringaustralia.com

their sugar paste wont lift anything but dead skills cells and leave the skin smooth and unirritated.

its awesome stuff!

I love sugaring!! I can't have anything else on my lip or my skin has a meltdown. Totally worth a try.
Try hard wax. Both (hard and soft wax) can benefit from little tiny bit of oil applied under the wax. It creates a nice barrier between the skin and wax
Thanks so much ladies! I'll look into using a pre-replicating oil and the sugaring.

Chrissy
Bowie, MD
Laser treatment is also provided for face-lift, it makes facial skin wrinkle free also.
One of my friend is also having a sensitive skin. So, she is searching for the best methods for lifting the skin on the eyebrow. I had gone through the post. I want to tell her about the Sensitive Satin Smooth wax.
I'm seeing your comment is from the end of November.
That means that the furnace or heater was on and your room was at very low humidity.
Regardless of the wax you use there is a certain level of humidity that's necessary.
I've had the nightmare of an unmovable wax blob on a client's knee and I've had the issues of skin lifting with all kinds and types of wax.
The problems were always with the most vulnerable dry skin (around the eyes and mouth as well as the knees) and always during the heating season.

What I found was that turning on the steamer for 10-15 minutes before the appointment
made all the difference.
Humidity.
Try chocolate wax. It is for sensitive skin.