BeautyTech Forums

Full Version: POS system...what do you use?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all,

I'm looking for a POS system to check clients out, run totals, print receipts, track inventory.
I don't need scheduling system because I use Genbook already
What do you guys use? I'm familiar with Milano but that's quite expensive.
I was also looking at WASP
http://www.waspbarcode.com/point_of_sale...dle_rs.asp
.. and at this system:
http://www.geminicomputersinc.com/hairsalonpos.html

Any thoughts?

TIA
Anna, if I'm reading your post correctly, you want to track both services and retail, without scheduling. I don't have any experience with POS-only systems because the one I use (STX) is integrated.
Yes, you are correct. I use Genbook so I wouldn't want to run another separate schedule system.
I guess I can use a system that has scheduling and I would just not use the scheduling part
The prices are steep though so I'm wondering if I should just stick with cash register...
Or is this just way too "old school"?
What are your thoughts on this?

PS. We are a small operation with 3 employees (one being the receptionist).... but I'm hoping to grow..

Your imput would be highly appreciated Smile)

(11-18-2012, 02:32 PM)PrecisionNails Wrote: [ -> ]Anna, if I'm reading your post correctly, you want to track both services and retail, without scheduling. I don't have any experience with POS-only systems because the one I use (STX) is integrated.

Just to clarify, you are not looking for a merchant services system to do credit and debit card transactions, correct?
Hi Laura! No, I'm looking for a check out system. What do you use to cash ppl out? Just a cash register?
(11-19-2012, 10:25 AM)Anna from Toronto Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Laura! No, I'm looking for a check out system. What do you use to cash ppl out? Just a cash register?

Yes - that and my debit/credit card POS. My situation is not nearly as complicated as yours ! I can't suggest anything, I'm sorry...
You might want to look at Square Up. See if that is something you might whant ot use. They have a program for an Ipad and for smart phones..HTH
I saw the Square Business in Staples that looked pretty interesting. I think it does inventory too and wasnt crazy exspensive.

https://squareup.com/stand
I like Square too, but they cannot track inventory. Best free pos system ever, you can do retail, check out clients, also add special discount or email reciept
I use an online system called Vagaro. I includes everything you talked about plus the scheduling too. I like it. Worth looking into.
Thanks Anna! I actually switched to Vagaro too Smile
Its great actually esp for the amount of features it offers is not expensive.
One thing they are missing is possibility to pre-pay for appointments and selling products that are currently out of stock.

What do you guys think about MindAndBody?

(03-03-2014, 12:59 PM)AnnaElliott Wrote: [ -> ]I use an online system called Vagaro. I includes everything you talked about plus the scheduling too. I like it. Worth looking into.

Hi, I use Vagaro and love it. For private parties and those that I need to take deposits from, I used the inventory tool to create a "product" called deposits. It works great.