BeautyTech Forums

Full Version: Anyone make their own cuticle oil?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Anno some techs make their own cuticle oil, Just wondered if you think its worth while? As im thinking of trying to make some (need to do the research 1st) Can i ask what you store it in for retailing? And if any of you are happy to share your blends?
(10-30-2012, 10:34 AM)modfish Wrote: [ -> ]Anno some techs make their own cuticle oil, Just wondered if you think its worth while? As im thinking of trying to make some (need to do the research 1st) Can i ask what you store it in for retailing? And if any of you are happy to share your blends?

you can mix your own for your use, but you really can't mix it to retail.

Once you mix it together and put it in a bottle to sell, your making a 'cosmetic', subject to FD&C rules and regulation. You then have to worry about contamination and possible allergic reactions. There are then liability issues. See how this goes?
Actually you can retail your own products. Its only a cosmetic if you are making claims.There are a couple of us that make our own bath and body products and retail. Just do a lot of reading on preservatives and state laws. By the time you spend months on research and purchase products and oils, labels, ect, your better off buying inexpensive oils from nail suppliers and retailing it. It took me a couple years to perfect my body butter and scrubs, its not an overnight buck.