BeautyTech Forums

Full Version: Gel Polish/Nail Enhancements Timing ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Okie dokie, here it goes. I've recently been thinking of adding gel polish to my nail enhancement services so clients can leave with dry nails. My problem is I can't figure how the heck I can do that without going over an hour. It takes me at least 30 mins to apply gel polish for mani's and it takes me about 45 mins to do a fill. Can't even think about doing it on a full set cause that takes me an hour. And I just can't rack my brain around how to accomplish this in an hour time slot.

Any suggestions on how I can do this or am I being unrealistic to think I can do this in an hour? Ohhhhhh, I'm getting a headache over this one!
Even though it takes 30 minutes to do the gel polish mani, it doesn't actually take that long to do it over the enhancement since the prep work is already done, and you don't have to do a base coat. If you're regularly doing nail polish anyway, the application time is the same, you just have a few extra minutes for cure time, but I would think you would gain that time back because you can get the client off your table faster because they don't have to be so extra careful with their nails. Smile No more digging in their purse for them to find their keys, sunglasses, going through their wallets to get paid...

Awwwwww thank ya Candice for that insight. Hadn't looked at it that way. Will be giving it a go then!!
It can be even faster if u used an LED cured Gel Polish. the curing time is much faster than a regular uv light. I can do a fill in 35-45 and the gel polish in 8 mins (give or take). Much luck
Aloha
(10-20-2012, 11:12 PM)hangtensalon Wrote: [ -> ]It can be even faster if u used an LED cured Gel Polish. the curing time is much faster than a regular uv light. I can do a fill in 35-45 and the gel polish in 8 mins (give or take). Much luck
Aloha

Thank ya for the feed back on that, but I've got too much invested in what I have, to switch for now. Will consider it in the future!