BeautyTech Forums

Full Version: gelish & mani-q
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ive been using Gelish all along but came across an awesome deal on some mani-q color that i couldnt pass up. Unfortunatly the deal did not come with a base or top coat. Has anyone used Gelish base and top with mani-q color and had luck??
Yes, although I prefer the mani-Q base and top coat. It does work fine, though.
Ok thanks. Noticed that the mani-q is much more watery than the gelish. Had to do 3 coats. Is that how the brand is or am i missing something? Shaking, rolling it more?
Not sure what color you're looking at, in my experience mani-Q is thicker than gelish. It's possible you bought old product that's past it's shelf life, not sure why else it would be thinner.
Not sure of the name but it had a orange/red color. Man i hope its not to old. She said she had purchased them in jan 2012. Whats the shelf life?
I think they say 1 year, but stored properly probably 2 years. The problem is that if she didn't store them properly the shelf life could be just a matter of months. I have almost all the colors, and the red/oranges are all pretty nice, not thin, and get excellent coverage with two thin coats. You can shake them up if they've separated, but generally it doesn't take much shaking if the product is still good.
I had the, absolute wrost expierence ever with mani q, didn't cure in some spots no shine it was reallly weird picked and choose when it wanted to work. Used gelish for 5 years & never had a problem!! lost a few clients over it...., don't waste ur money or risk it!!!
(10-19-2012, 12:12 PM)JennaLynnG Wrote: [ -> ]I had the, absolute wrost expierence ever with mani q, didn't cure in some spots no shine it was reallly weird picked and choose when it wanted to work. Used gelish for 5 years & never had a problem!! lost a few clients over it...., don't waste ur money or risk it!!!

Not sure why you had that experience, but I've tried several systems and mani-q outwears other brands in my experience. Not sure your bad experience warrants a "don't waste your money" rating. I also use Gelish, and while it doesn't (in my experience) rate as well, I still wouldn't say it's no good period. Wink
undefined