BeautyTech Forums

Full Version: Homemade Christmas gifts
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
In the past, I have purchased individualized gifts for my clients, scarves, earrings, candles, or a favorite treat. This year, I have been very blessed with an increased client base. Considering shopping time and money, I was thinking of making homemade cuticle salve or cream, or jars of scrub for my clients for Christmas this year. Has anyone done this with success? I fear that once I actually delve into this, it may cost more in time and supplies than worth it. What do you do for clients?
I've done the YN 1 oz creme and 2 oz lotions for my clients ($5 per client) for the last two years - I am looking for something new this year, but haven't decided what yet.... It's good to start thinking about this early though!
Creams are super easy to make. We made them in aromatherapy class. Lip balm/gloss is even easier.
I am not sure if you only want to make a gift but here are some ideas that i used.
Took a nail brush and attatched curl ribbon.
found nail file key chains
flip flop keychain from dollar store
a pair of disposable pedicure slippers in a decorative lunch bag

these are very very inexpensive and useful and no more than a dollar each. Its just a token gift to show appreciation.
Thank you
This year I'm giving each client a 3oz jar of one minute manicure.... They are $5 but a guarantee they will buy more when it's gone and even buy some for friends and family!!!! So a little out of your pocket will equal extra income all year roundWink
Here i have some cheap Christmas home made gift ideas for you...
pinterest.com/omaticcute/homemade-christmas-gift-ideas/
I always gave my clients Christmas ornaments. 20 out of 23 years in business this was a real hit.
Ive made Christmas bulbs in the past.. clients still to this day bring up that they still have theirs
Last year I made cuticle oil snow globes alot of fun to make. This year I'm painting the stems of wine glasses with glitter and adding such to them...their coming out beautiful.....
Cuticle Oil Snow Globes?
That sound interesting. Do you have any pictures or instructions for that ? I would to give that a try, Kelly*
Kelly.... I just checked and thought I posted ugh... If you'd like Id love to share but might be easier to do by phone.... Leave me your email then I can pm you.... :0)
(12-03-2013, 11:29 PM)nailsbytheresa Wrote: [ -> ]Last year I made cuticle oil snow globes alot of fun to make. This year I'm painting the stems of wine glasses with glitter and adding such to them...their coming out beautiful.....

this sounds really interesting! is there any chance you're willing to share the idea, i would really appreciate it
Yes i would a lot of typing so if you want leave me your phone number at ther[email protected] It'd be easier I could give you where I bought the stuff.. Was a lot of homework. :0).