BeautyTech Forums

Full Version: seabreeze for nail prep
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Does anyone use seabreeze for nail prep? I've never heard of anyone doing this but I read on the label today they say you can.
(09-21-2012, 06:01 PM)jimsjadab Wrote: [ -> ]Does anyone use seabreeze for nail prep? I've never heard of anyone doing this but I read on the label today they say you can.

Who says? Just curious.
According to the ingredients, I would not use it for prep.
Ingredients
Water , SD Alcohol 40 B , Glycerin , Benzoic Acid , Camphor , Clove (Eugenia Caryophyilus) Flower Oil , Eucalyptus Globulus (Eucalyptus) Leaf Oil , Fragrance , Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090)

The underlined being oils and the need of prep to help remove dirt, debris, and natural oils from the nail, again I would not. Glycerin is a moisturizing ingredient too soooo... yeah, nope, not my choice. Smile
I was thinking it had oils in it. Way back when I was in beauty school, they told us we could use it. Personally, not for me.
Quote:Who says? Just curious.

It says you can on the label. Its on the professional bottle. (same ingredients)
"Cleanse nail from cuticle to free edge. Allow to dry before polish or artificial product application."
I wondered the same thing too because of the oils. That really made me more curious to find out.
(09-21-2012, 08:49 PM)jimsjadab Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:Who says? Just curious.

It says you can on the label. Its on the professional bottle. (same ingredients)
"Cleanse nail from cuticle to free edge. Allow to dry before polish or artificial product application."
I wondered the same thing too because of the oils. That really made me more curious to find out.

What bottle? Sea Breeze bottle? It also says it good for your skin too but I wouldn't use it for that either.
26 years ago we were taught in beauty school to use seabreeze. Once i got a job i was taught not to use it because it has oil in it.
I loooove the smell of it. I would never use it on my face and some people do. I have seen it used on hair to cleanse build up of hairspray.
Acetone or 99% alcohol is great for cleansing.
I have a friend that uses it for her prep when she does hard gels
The word "oil" does not always mean that it adds moisture. Eucalyptus and clove oils are among many oils used in skincare for its antiseptic, anti fungal and drying properties. Eucalyptus is a natural source of thymol, the ingredient in many anti fungal topical nail applications. I do use it as the first step in prep for both my clients and myself. I keep it in a spray bottle and give us both a spritz before I even start filing. Have yet to have a lifting issue.