BeautyTech Forums

Full Version: what foot soak has the strongest aroma?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I want to come up with a new add-on for pedicures. I am interested in the soho too cool but need a very strong pedicure soak. I need the client to smell it so she feels like it is something great and different.
I do love qtica but i have never used the soaks. I only use the scrubs and they are the best. I will also want to pair a scrub and cream with the soak.
CND has great lotions.
So what is your favorite STRONGEST scented soak?

Pedi Redi has some good scented soaks. You could also use essential oil just a drop will add some nice strong fragrance
I tried samples of pedi redi and the scent wears off in seconds.
I also suggest essential oils. If you want a "lasting scent impression," try giving them a little vial when they leave with the essential oil you used that has been added to a carrier oil. Then, they can dab it on the inside of their wrist as a reminder of their relaxing visit. Smile A little something I learned in aromatherapy school.
Would you please share what essential oils you use and where to buy?
Thank you.
These are the ones we used in school. I haven't purchased them since I've been out of Canada so I'm not sure where to get them.
http://www.absolute-aromas.com/
Can you put essential oils in cuticle oil?
You can purchase essential oil or fragrant oils online. Or at natural stores like whole foods. Essential oils can get pricey though. You have to research before you use and buy because essential oils are used for various sensory and health reasons. I purchase mines at http://www.newdirectionsaromatics.com
(09-20-2012, 01:34 AM)jluper7297 Wrote: [ -> ]Can you put essential oils in cuticle oil?
Yes, you could but you need to be very careful about the dilution you use. If you use too much, it could cause a reaction. I'm sure there are directions out there somewhere. I had an awesome book but it's back home in Canada.

You might try the Tammy Taylor Aroma Spa Pedicure. The scent is stronger but not overwhelming. It is great for summer- feels cooling or winter- feels warm. It is a blend of essential oils: Rose Hip, Wild Mint, Tea Tree, Clove, and Eucalyptus. The scent seems to linger a bit longer than most soaks, but I do notice as I am around it, the less I notice it. The soak is also in crystal form so it works great with jetted tubs. The massage oil is wonderful- mix it with the crystals for the scrub. There is also a callus softener, cuticle remover, and a foot spray in the kit.
Better to add essential oils to a base (oil, lotion, liquid soap) than have clients apply directly to skin . . . could be an irritant.
Yes...do your research first to see which ones can be irritating. I kno they have nice mixtures pre made...and you can go anywhere and get oil-- grapeseed,olive/soy,sweet almond, etc......it doesnt have to be cosmetic grade...and..i dunno if your area has the Asian owned black hair supply stores...where they sell weaves n stuff...but their is an African oil that is a mixture of diff.oils that is used to nourish the scalp and smells nice too!. It only runs about $3 for a good sized bottle.....And.....you might want to try the Vasoline Soothing bath salts..u kno-- they come in the blue boxes and another color. But they smell awesome and it lasts...and it really moisturizes well too. I used that when i had my own place and clients always askes what it was!!!! They loves it...and the boxes run about $3 a box too. Get u a nice container and scoop and you have your own pedi soak at a fraction of the price!!! These companies that sell foot soaks is so iver priced its ridiculous. I still cannot believe that ppl pay Qtica all that money for their foot soak. Ive used the Nailite soak too..its not smelly..but u cld mix it as it has a sanitizing property in it and only runs about $15 for a gallon jug....Hth!!!!! Wink
Anointdhndz! love your response!
I love using products in unlabeled containers so the clients can wonder what i am using.
I am going to walmart and check out vaseline bath salts.
I have a lavender add-on spa pedi and i use lavender scented epson salt that you can buy store brand for cheap. It smells great.
I do buy Qtica scrub because i cannot find another one that is as good.
Gotta add something new once in a while and eliminate some things too.This is such a love them and leave them business. No one is loyal and i do whatever needed that is not too expensive to hopefully keep them happy.
I also use a very inexpensive soak right now.
ok running to walmart in the am!
Thanks!!!!
Awe..youre welcome!! I too love qtica scrub..its the soak i think is a total waste. Ya i cant rembr which exact scents that comes in..but ibviously they being made for the bath and used to relax you...they are going to have a good aroma. It really is a nice way to class up your services without breaking the bank. And its a long lasting product.....your clients will love it!!! Glad i cld help..Smile
Actually i just checked my box i have here at home and they are called Vaseline Moisturizing Bath beads in a 24oz box...the scent i have is 'gentle breeze'...& is wonderful!!!
Tracy, what type of tub to you use? I am in the market to start pedicures again. Sorry to change the subject...
I am using a pipeless tub by spafinity and hate it.
It does not work like a regular throne spa tub. It stops draining sometimes and you have to wait a few minutes before you can try and drain it again.
Do not recommend it.