BeautyTech Forums

Full Version: Really???
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
In Atlanta.....I see this. I know the art works are classic, but it would not work here in rural East Tennessee. Other than that....fantastic decor.
I can't see the first pic but I don't understand what is wrong with the second one.
the first pic is gone but the second......wow, I think someone went a bit over the top on the design.
Oh my!
I think it looks cool, lol.
Someone has a lot of spare cash on their hands !!!
may look over the top, but if you look close they both have over 10 pedi spa chairs.
let just low ball this for fun, let just say their pedi price is an industry average at $30 and each chair will do 8 pedi a day that would equal roughly 2.5 mil and some change in 3years (3 year before equipment break down). if they do 60/40 commission they still got a mil and some change, and we are only counting pedi obviously clients will do more then just pedi.

Base on my experiences from building many salon I bet I can build those salon for around $100 to $130 a sq ft, let just they both are 5000 sq ft, that only cost a little more than 1/2 a mil to build.
In my area, the McNail salons have a minimum of 5 chairs, about 4 tech stations. The most people I've ever seen in them at one time is 2 getting pedi's and 2 getting nails. While they have x amount of chairs, are they FILLING those chairs?? In my area, it ain't happenin'.
try out some of the bigger salon in Austin Donna. You are looking at a mom&pop family run salon.
Their is a guy i Dallas that own 3 such salon like the one in the pic I post, they also do welding package with limo service too.
this one is close to you Donna.
http://www.spaatbartoncreekmall.com/#!pedicures
I'm sure you're right, Joseph. In my area, we have about 18K-20K people who would be consumers, and at last count at least 8 of the salons like I described. Our pop. count is over 35K, it's a college town and the students aren't counted in the census. On the other hand, the inmates ARE counted, after all they DO live there.... roughly 15K, I'm thinking....go figure.
Oh hun, that ain't nothing. There are a couple of NSS' located in a couple of malls here and they have more pedi chairs than that and a big ole crystal chandelier in it.

What doesn't add up for me is how much they spend to set these shops up, how much rent is (has to be in the thousands), the fee for the mail for maintenance/security, the utility bills, pay for staff, etc. And anytime I happen to walk by those chairs are not full. Doesn't matter what time or day I walk by, there is not enough business to pay those kind of expenses. So the math just doesn't add up. How are they able to stay open? They have to have their chairs filled all the time with customers in order to pay those kinda bills. Something else has to be going on.

Couldn't see the first pic, but the second one is too busy and gawdy for my likin.
(09-20-2012, 11:00 PM)Luvglitter Wrote: [ -> ]Oh hun, that ain't nothing. There are a couple of NSS' located in a couple of malls here and they have more pedi chairs than that and a big ole crystal chandelier in it.

What doesn't add up for me is how much they spend to set these shops up, how much rent is (has to be in the thousands), the fee for the mail for maintenance/security, the utility bills, pay for staff, etc. And anytime I happen to walk by those chairs are not full. Doesn't matter what time or day I walk by, there is not enough business to pay those kind of expenses. So the math just doesn't add up. How are they able to stay open? They have to have their chairs filled all the time with customers in order to pay those kinda bills. Something else has to be going on.

Couldn't see the first pic, but the second one is too busy and gawdy for my likin.

Yes, that's exactly the point I was making. Most of these shops are in expensive area to rent, one of them in the mall, 4 pedi thrones and I've never seen more than two being used at one time. The same with all the other places. They're springing up all over our little town. As I said earlier, even tho our population says it's over 35K, the most that can use it about 17K, divide that by half, just saying coz not everyone goes to a salon for nail services so that leaves 8.5K. That sounds like a lot and I'm thinking it's still too much. We've got 8 Asian based salons, (at last count, there may actually be 9 now). They're offering Shellac now for $17 and I've gotten feedback from one client who described the bottle and it WASN'T Shellac....so it like the "solarnail" thing all over again.
I received a notice from Regal Nails offering me a chance to pick up the franchise in the HEB that's supposed to come to H'ville....$25K. I, for one, DO NOT want to smell acrylic fumes while I'm buying my groceries because if HEB ever comes in, I'll be there instead of Wally World. I'll be complaining to the HQ loud and long.....but, my point is, it's ONE more Asian run salon further running prices down. And I know that place ain't gonna be cheap to rent!
See..where i work is an Asian salon and on a given day we have at least 6 ppl working plus the 2 owners and we have all of our pedi chairs full a cpl times a day!! With all of us working...we all average between $200-300 in services per day...which we get at least 60% of...if not more...so figure that one out. Our place is really nice too. Now they do use the typical 'asian' products....they arent qtica or anytg....but all day i hear how happy the clients are and how much they like it there. So once again...mcnails arent the same all over...just saying
(09-23-2012, 09:55 PM)anointdhndz Wrote: [ -> ]See..where i work is an Asian salon and on a given day we have at least 6 ppl working plus the 2 owners and we have all of our pedi chairs full a cpl times a day!! With all of us working...we all average between $200-300 in services per day...which we get at least 60% of...if not more...so figure that one out. Our place is really nice too. Now they do use the typical 'asian' products....they arent qtica or anytg....but all day i hear how happy the clients are and how much they like it there. So once again...mcnails arent the same all over...just saying

Oh yes, I get that. Places like you work at are few and far between. I'm glad you were able to get this opportunity to work there. In the nail world, YOUR salon would be called one of the 1%'ers.....

Anointdhndz! Move over! I'm coming to work with you.
I give you a lot of credit and you are laughing your way to the bank!
You are lucky and keep rolling in the dough!
Keep up the great attitude.

(09-23-2012, 09:55 PM)anointdhndz Wrote: [ -> ]See..where i work is an Asian salon and on a given day we have at least 6 ppl working plus the 2 owners and we have all of our pedi chairs full a cpl times a day!! With all of us working...we all average between $200-300 in services per day...which we get at least 60% of...if not more...so figure that one out. Our place is really nice too. Now they do use the typical 'asian' products....they arent qtica or anytg....but all day i hear how happy the clients are and how much they like it there. So once again...mcnails arent the same all over...just saying

Big ole difference between your deal, hun, and what I'm talking about. Their chairs ain't full. So it just doesn't add up.

Glad ya found a good place to work!Wink