BeautyTech Forums

Full Version: Sog base under reg polish
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Has anyone ever tried using shellac base coat cured for 10 sec, under regular nail lacquer? Does it help the polish stay on natural nails?
(09-17-2012, 08:41 PM)Katydid Wrote: [ -> ]Has anyone ever tried using shellac base coat cured for 10 sec, under regular nail lacquer? Does it help the polish stay on natural nails?

DIYers have been doing different versions of this with varying degrees of success for quite a while - it's called a "gelly sandwich." One way uses regular nail polish over SOG basecoat and then topped with SOG topcoat. The key to this is letting the rnp dry thoroughly, even overnight, before applying the topcoat. Another way is to do a complete SOG manicure and then use rnp on top.
I've been doing this for months. I use a soak off base, 2 coats of color and a regular topcoat. Most get 7 days I had one client get two weeks! It's worth you trying.
I just did a SOG last night. I think I'll try this for fun! Big Grin
Thanks for the replies! I tried it today, my client comes back next week, so we'll see!
I have used regular base coat like Stickey with reg.polish and Shellac topcoat....works great! I dry each layer still in the UV light..and actually give it a few more times with the actual polish so its good and dry. It has lasted on me really well so i wld totally give it a try!! Smile

katml

When doing this on clients, do they end up having enough time while they're by us for everything to dry enough?