BeautyTech Forums

Full Version: Looking for a new acrylic line
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have been a consistent user of Tammy Taylor acrylic for (checks watch) about 13 years now.

I love the availability of colors, and I love that I can order the color I want and don't have to mix my own custom color. Mixing means I don't always get the same consistency from batch to batch that I do by ordering a color where it is mixed in giant batches according to more exacting formulas.

I love the customer service. I love that the company was founded and continues to be run by a real, honest-to-goodness nail tech who knows what it's like to sit at the desk all day depending on the satisfaction and loyalty of paying clients.

But, I feel like TT acrylic makes for a "hard" finished product. It doesn't have quite the same flexibility as some other products I've played with over the years. That hardness makes for an extension that feels heavier-- especially with the flare/duckfoot styles (no rotten tomatoes, please, I do what they pay me for) and thicker nails to encompass the embedments that are popular with my clientele.

I just haven't been wholly satisfied with the longevity of my clients' nails.

I need something that sets fast, isn't too terribly temperature-sensitive, and holds up well on longer enhancements without lifting issues.

I also think "self-leveling" is marketing hype for "runny," I'd love something that stays (more or less) where I place it until I move it. I realize it's the nature of the beast, but some products are better than others.

I do try to try out new products here and there, it's not like I haven't used anything else for the last 13 years, so I have some familiarity with the major names. I'm just curious what everyone loves for long nails and rockstar. Have I missed out on something awesome?
I use mostly young nails. I use ezflow competition white for tips. All the rest is straight
Young nails. I order from California mostly when I have time however, I will order from Marty here in Florida when I run out of products. He gets my supplies to me over night and has never failed me. Also, they own profiles it is a Salon franchise here in Florida that uses only YN products. I find young nails to be extremely innovative. Try it.
I have used CND products for all the years I have done nails ,which started in 1987 . I briefly toyed with OPI ,hated it ,then tried their ABSOLUTE line ,hated that ...got sick of bubbles in my acrylic w / CND ,and I do mostly pink and whites ,tried everything to fix it ....Looked into an intro kit from Young Nails back in Feb. ,and was so pleased I have sold all my CND product and all I use now is Young Nails...no bubbles ,no ratio issues ,no issues period ! Nevet had lifting probs ,but this stuff appliesvlike a dteam no matter what size brush ,and the results are beautiful and consistent ,no fussinesss.....I am a senior nail tech ,and believe me ,lifting ,not a problem but bubbles were the bain of my existence ! No bubbles anymore ,and I LOVE yhis product ,so glad I found it and made the change....Smile
Gosh ,looks like I should have proofread that last post for text errors.....sorry girls...
Sorry to complicate things but........ Get a competition white from ezflow and try it. I do all p/w. then try the magic wand from young nails. NICE.
Another vote for Young Nails - though it's really the only product I've ever used. Even in school I didn't like what they gave us so I used bought my own product from Young Nails and used it.
I LOVE YN products. But coming from TT, it might seem very runny to you....when I used TT, I felt like I could never get my brush saturated enough with liquid. It was a very hard product for me to smooth with my brush. I had to file A LOT. That was in the pre e-file days. Smile YN is very easy to work with. I would buy a kit and give it a try. I also quit CND because of the bubbles. No problems with YN.
(09-12-2012, 09:57 PM)luvnails Wrote: [ -> ]I LOVE YN products. But coming from TT, it might seem very runny to you....when I used TT, I felt like I could never get my brush saturated enough with liquid. It was a very hard product for me to smooth with my brush. I had to file A LOT. That was in the pre e-file days. Smile YN is very easy to work with. I would buy a kit and give it a try. I also quit CND because of the bubbles. No problems with YN.

Yeah. I LOVE YN as a company and have nothing bad to say about their products other than I wish they'd make one that sets a little faster/doesn't self level as much/isn't as temperature sensitive (I keep the AC set to "snow" in here!)... I'll take any 2 out of 3 of those features!

I agree with yall about CND and those bubbles.. but I have used nothing else that "sticks" as well as CND. I use NSI.
Nobody mentions Entity, and I work with them last 6 years and love it. They also have fast setting liquid - I can only recommend. I was struggling with CND for 3 years, I tried IBD, NSI, OPI, EZFLOW - each line had some issues I did not like, Entity is just perfect for me.
hi guys,
I learned on IBD however, I find that none of the products give enough longevity. I was looking at the ABsolute line, but based on this thread I'll try young nails....any other brands worth giving a try?
Nailite gets my vote Smile
I really like Nailite's gels, but I wish their packaging was a little more attractive. Seems fickle of me, I know...
I used cnd for 15 years ,and also got tired of air pockets. Thanks to this forum, I tried nailites omega line and I absolutely love it! The price is amazing, and not one of my clients ever came back asking if I had switched products. Use the "something wonderful" bonder and even my problem lifters, don't!
So glad to hear that others have had bubble issues w / CND...lol, I always thought it had to be me and my application technique...I still think they make excellent products though. So glad I finally broke up with their acrylics....Smile YN all the way ,never looking back !